Best Drag chutes??

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Think I am gonna go ahead and get it setup for the chutes. Not sure its gonna be "Needed", but after having my brakes not there once before, its something worthwhile. Is a 10' chute good enough. I figure its an extra level of safety.

Think I am gonna go ahead and get it setup for the chutes. Not sure its gonna be "Needed", but after having my brakes not there once before, its something worthwhile. Is a 10' chute good enough. I figure its an extra level of safety.

Don't know a whole bunch about choosing chutes but I honestly don't see how having one as a back up could be a bad thing. Blazonic posted this equation in another thread, it should be useful to you.

here is the formula to find a chute

(weight of truck) X (1/4 MPH) / 1000

EX, 4800x143mph/1000= 686.4 which would be TWO 400 class chutes.

On edit: I also know you can call chute manufacturers, tell them what you're running and they should tell you which one(s) will work the best for you.

Tim, a little birdy told me you were gonna have a monogrammed chute?.... Something like "COMP461 does it better" :poke:

You might want to PM Scott Bentz - he told me a bunch about chutes, most of which I've forgotten (and I plan to call him and get a refresher before I buy mine this year).

One of these days I need to pop the chute in DirtyMax just to see how it feels.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

You might want to PM Scott Bentz - he told me a bunch about chutes, most of which I've forgotten (and I plan to call him and get a refresher before I buy mine this year).

One of these days I need to pop the chute in DirtyMax just to see how it feels.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I say the same thing each trip out Michael, that Im going to pull it to see how it feels... then I get up there and think about the poss. jarring effect on my neck and decide to forgetLOL, then a couple weeks ago I go out and get in trouble quick and really need it..... I call for it and nothing happens:doh:, Id forgot to pull the saftey pin I mean [finish nail], another lesson learned the hard way. Ryan

I say the same thing each trip out Michael, that Im going to pull it to see how it feels... then I get up there and think about the poss. jarring effect on my neck and decide to forgetLOL, then a couple weeks ago I go out and get in trouble quick and really need it..... I call for it and nothing happens:doh:, Id forgot to pull the saftey pin I mean [finish nail], another lesson learned the hard way. Ryan

Ryan that's pretty funny but glad it wasn't any worse!

As far as brands go, Simpson and Taylor chutes are incredibly hard to pack with out an extra hand since they have the spring on the pilot chute that goes in last, it's really hard to hold and tie up by yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OOn9gBzug

I'd suggest one that packs into a bag and the spring launcher is behind the packed chute. How it works is you pull the spring back, then you pin it, so that when your trying to tie it all up, it's not trying to come loose and slap you in the face, because it sucks when that happens... Stroud makes the chute I'm describing as well as several other companies.

Now if you want to get really technical air launchers are the bomb, just be sure the air bottle full when your ready to hit them!

Or you can be like this guy and pull the chutes but forget to attach them to the car! :hehe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D19VhS1BNhw

That last video is just what mine looked like a Redline. Most tracks have a nice sand pit or at least a lot of field afterwards to roll through, nope thier property does'nt extend far that direction so you get a bit of grass then a Solid line of big trees to break your fall. Lol

Back