Best for sled pulling?

mjf1989

Just wondering what cab and bed configuration everybody thinks is the best for sled pulling if you are allowed to hang weights on the front.

everybody has thier own different opinion on this subject... personally i think the ex-cab or crew cab long bed would be better at most places. Only thing i see that might hurt you on that would be some where like an indoor pull where i shorter truck may possible get the sled closer to the sand pile.

pretty sure there is a LENGTHY thread about this on here already if you search for it. ;)

I would build either rclb or eclb i dont see the point in doing a ecsb because they have the same wheel base as a rclb and you cant hang as much weight out front.

i would go with the rclb for sure....ooohhh bu the way did I mention I have ONE for sale! LOL

Actually the ex-cab short bed has 2" longer wheel base than the reg cab long bed unless its a cab and chassis truck. A reg cab cab and chassis truck has the same wheel base as a ex-cab short bed, or unless its the extra long cab and chassis it will have the same wheel base as an ex-cab long bed.

4-Door Long Bed / 4-Door Short Bed. Balance. More weight transfer with higher PSI and distribution per wheel as the wieght box moves forward.:st:

At the moment we run a reg. cab long bed. Both reg.cab lb and crew cab lb do well. I wouldnt mess with an extend cab short bed unless i found a good deal on one. Just my 2 cents.

Probably would help if you mention brands and years.

2nd gen Dodge
RCLB and QCSB are the same Wheelbase
QCLB is 156"??
C&C is 163"?

You get into the GM and the CCSB has the axle very close to the rear of the truck, so if your rules require you to run the hitch at the rear most point of the truck the GM CCSB will have an advantage.

longer the better, but long trucks dont seem to be the way to go in 2.8, our trucks are within 20hp of eachother and the short one usually wins because the long truck will break at the end on a good track.

Back