Best intercooler boots.

Mr. Bob's are made in the USA and seem to have much better quality control than the Vibrant Aramid fiber boots. Mr. Bob's are definitely near the top of the price spectrum but his 5 ply race boots are nearly indestructible.

South Bend was having trouble keeping boots together on their 4bt mud race buggy. Mr. Bob's stepped in and supplied custom 5 ply race boots and they have been good ever since.

If price is an issue, I'd try heavy semi-truck radiator hose for any straight 3" connections.

I have a box full of boots I blew last year. Went with the ones from Source Automotive, not one failure this year. They're supposedly tested to 300psi, and have a lifetime warranty.

I like my Vibrant (multi-ply aramid) boots, they look similar to the Bobs i.d. picture...only black instead of that hideous blue.
Vibrant Performance ::.

Sent from my fphone

Mr. Bob's has them in black now. I have the first dual fueler kit with his hoses(blue) and have the first dual fueler kit in black on the way here to install on a friend's truck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If price is an issue, I'd try heavy semi-truck radiator hose for any straight 3" connections.

Funny you should say that but we did a coolant line update the other day and I was surprised to see 5-ply silicone. It looks like pretty quality stuff for what I was expecting!

I have never blown a straight boot its always the angled one on the hot side of the IC. I blew a Peak boot up, need to try something else I guess. The best way would be to modify the piping for straight boots but I'm too lazy LOL

Back