Best p-pump conversion lift pump

westcanyon1

Hey guys, i tried to search for this but havent found a whole lot of what im lookin for.

I have had my conversion done for a year or two and I've tried several different lift pumps, but I haven't found one that has performed as well as I have wanted. My pump was benched, balanced and maxed, it flows around 550cc. I just tune it down for my injectors, I'm planning in stepping up from a 150hp nozzle to a set of 6x18s to feed my s466
Does anybody have any recommendations for a high flowing pump that doesn't cost 1000$?
Thanks

Has anyone tried the Aeromotive pro series or eliminator pumps? I'm not sure what the gph or operating pressure is on those though

Hard to go wrong with FASS or Airdog, but I think my next setup will definitely be mechanical, either driven off the timing gears or belt drive.

I have a stock overflow with a different spring right now, I was thinking of doing a tork tek o/f valve.

I have always heard pretty good things on airdog and mixed thing on fass.
One thing I have a hard to trusting are the relays so I would probably wire the pump to a switch so I am in control

And I've thought about the belt driven FuelBoss pump or the mitusa but I've heard mixed things about these for p-pumped trucks not holding the 50-60 psi that these pumps need at high throttle. As for gear driven, I have zero experience with those

im running a fuel lab pump, an aeromotive by-pass fuel pressure regulator, 1/2 feed line from tank T'd and duel fed to pump with 3/8" return to tank, return line from injectors t'd into return post regulator... and runnng an aeromotive billet aluminum 50mic steel screen prefilter between pump and tank, FS1212 10mic fuel/water seperator and FF5320 2 mic fuel filter....

I run a gear driven waterman pump on my 01ppump. Bought the kit through Haisley with 45 psi return valve and 70psi feed valve. I was told it had to be gravity fed so I went to a fuel cell. If you want to daily drive I wouldn't recommend this but for a you I highly recommend them.

Back