Best p-pump conversion lift pump

westcanyon1

Hey guys, i tried to search for this but havent found a whole lot of what im lookin for.

I have had my conversion done for a year or two and I've tried several different lift pumps, but I haven't found one that has performed as well as I have wanted. My pump was benched, balanced and maxed, it flows around 550cc. I just tune it down for my injectors, I'm planning in stepping up from a 150hp nozzle to a set of 6x18s to feed my s466
Does anybody have any recommendations for a high flowing pump that doesn't cost 1000$?
Thanks

Has anyone tried the Aeromotive pro series or eliminator pumps? I'm not sure what the gph or operating pressure is on those though

I would go FASS. What do you have for an overflow valve?

Hard to go wrong with FASS or Airdog, but I think my next setup will definitely be mechanical, either driven off the timing gears or belt drive.

I have a stock overflow with a different spring right now, I was thinking of doing a tork tek o/f valve.

I have always heard pretty good things on airdog and mixed thing on fass.
One thing I have a hard to trusting are the relays so I would probably wire the pump to a switch so I am in control

And I've thought about the belt driven FuelBoss pump or the mitusa but I've heard mixed things about these for p-pumped trucks not holding the 50-60 psi that these pumps need at high throttle. As for gear driven, I have zero experience with those

im running a fuel lab pump, an aeromotive by-pass fuel pressure regulator, 1/2 feed line from tank T'd and duel fed to pump with 3/8" return to tank, return line from injectors t'd into return post regulator... and runnng an aeromotive billet aluminum 50mic steel screen prefilter between pump and tank, FS1212 10mic fuel/water seperator and FF5320 2 mic fuel filter....

I run a gear driven waterman pump on my 01ppump. Bought the kit through Haisley with 45 psi return valve and 70psi feed valve. I was told it had to be gravity fed so I went to a fuel cell. If you want to daily drive I wouldn't recommend this but for a you I highly recommend them.

Back