Bias-ply slicks and Steel radials.

What kind of tire is " THE JEFF GARMON" running on the front of his silverline truck?

Anyone wonder if it's just the mismatched sidewall size that's giving the radial front runners a bad name? Would a low profile bias-ply react the same as a radial with the same 2" sidewall?

i think it has something to do with the fact that people need something to blame. "i wrecked my race car cause i had radials on front'' that sound better then "i wrecked my race car cause i over steered and hit the wall.

Anyone wonder if it's just the mismatched sidewall size that's giving the radial front runners a bad name? Would a low profile bias-ply react the same as a radial with the same 2" sidewall?

It's simply stiff tires up front, and loose tires out back. Radials grip better than bias tires at the same size and pressure, so it aggravates it.

It's easy to test. On your regular truck or car, bring fronts up as high as possible, and run the rears at 20 PSI. Bring it up to 40mph and give it some steering input. Now reverse the pressures and try again. Loose rears give you forklift steering, loose fronts just cause plowing.

Back