Bigger Than An HX-82?

BullfrogJohnson

Black Smoke Junkie
I was looking around at super stock tractors and was curious what turbo this was.

Attachments

• big turbo.jpg
    big turbo.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 298
  • turbo1.jpg
    turbo1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 314
I was just checking one of them out 2 weeks ago. It was sitting on the floor next to a chair at the service desk where i got my pump done. You could sit on the chair and use it as an arm rest. Im shure it move some serious air tho.

I heard 4000CFM from a cummins engineer, somewhere around 280lbs/min. I think they are a 5.25" inducer.

they can range from 5 or so inches up to 8 i think on inducer. I pulled a few of the Qsk 50's (V16 cummins) they weigh around 350 lbs.

Definitely takes somes cubes and/RPMs to spool that big SOB

I think that most of the tractors you see them one are the light super stock alky burners, so I believe that put them at a 505CID limit. As for rpms I wouldnt even venture a guess.

I think that most of the tractors you see them one are the light super stock alky burners, so I believe that put them at a 505CID limit. As for rpms I wouldnt even venture a guess.

You are correct, the tractor that the OP posted is an alky burner. Notice the intake...the engine also has a billet aluminum head.

attachment.php

Back