Biggest Pro Street Weekend of 2008 -April 5th

drag racing is rained out for today:bang

David is trying to get dyno set up in Jess pole barn and not sure about sled pulling

hopefully this will blow out of here this afternoon and we will be drag racing tomorrow.:tree::rockwoot:

Good luck with the weather Randy :rockwoot:

with 4 inches of rainfal so far we regret that this event has been cancelled.i am deeply sory for those that came out and didnt get to see a show,race,dyno or pull.we will come up with a date for the event to be held.stayed tuned.....

Yes sir ... we still have rain falling. The track has water coming up thru the asphalt....... No way we could make it safe for the racers even if the rain had stopped by noon today.

with 4 inches of rainfal so far we regret that this event has been cancelled.i am deeply sory for those that came out and didnt get to see a show,race,dyno or pull.we will come up with a date for the event to be held.stayed tuned.....

I just want to thank Jess and Buck for letting the NHRDA be part of this event. Even though mother nature pulled a dirty trick on us, I can see this will be a must attend event for next year.:cheer:

Events like this remind you why you got in the sport in the first place, good freinds and great racing , and with top notch people like Jess and Buck you will have a good time no matter what. Again thanks for the hospitality.

Well back to Seattle

Damn! When it rains that much on the coastal plains, it does start coming up from underground (which is why nobody has a basement around there).

I'm writing this from an RV park just on the US side of the border, planning to get up early, get showered, and roll through the gates at Mission. It's pouring down rain right now, but it was dry and clear skies for the last hour of the drive up here (and pouring closer to Portland). Weather like this is a real bummer in this time of $4+ diesel fuel!

The forecast for tomorrow is for a partly sunny morning, followed by rain in the afternoon. I hope we can squeeze off at least a few rounds of racing! The first 2 events of the year (which both looked like rainouts going in) went off fine thanks to the fact that the diesels can hot lap so much better than gassers.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Jess:

Although the weather did not "cooperate" with us for this event I want to SINCERELY THANK YOU, Buck, the NHRDA, OBX Dragway, David Dunbar and ALL of your sponsors for putting this on for us!:rockwoot: Having been in the SAME situation as you on two (2) of our "N.C. Dyno and Drag Races" I can definitely "empathize" with how you feel buddy! You and Buck will ALWAYS have Johnner and my support no matter what! Unfortunately, sometimes the weather just does not cooperate. But it was still great to see you, Buck and all of our friends there and to meet some new faces like Chris from the NHRDA Crew.

As the N.C. Crew left the track there on Saturday, the water was up over the ditch next to the asphalt road at the dragstrip and there was at least 2-3inches of water in it as we drove out! AND IT WAS STILL RAINING HARD too!
So,....I am sure it was a MESS this morning.

With that being said, I want the Members to know that in spite of that, we all a great time there on Friday night! The weather was cool and I personally saw my good friends @ Scheid Diesel (Dan, Bo, and Jason) run the Scheid Dragster and post their fastest time ever in the 1/8th mile going 4.6@153MPH with a 1.09 60ft time!! Also, those steaks you and the sponsors bought and your crew cooked were delicious Jess! Thank you for that too.

------------
Sincerely,

John_P

Back