billet internal nv4500

WPDiesel

Ok im tired of myself breaking nv4500's left and right and i know you guys have to be too.... so in that matter my shop is goin to design a billet nv4500 it might be a while before i can get it out to you guys but im just kinda wondering who would all be interested in this? I figured the 3rd gear and counter shaft to be billet but i still ave some research to do!! we will be starting on this the next couple weeks but i dont want to put all this time and money into something that is only goin to be used by me! We dont have pricing yet but i can bet you that replacing a nv4500 3x a year will be more then the billet parts!

Dont pull in 3rd gear and it will cut down on your breakage.

i would like to get a fast shifting unbreakable tranny that would hold up behind a 700 hp 12v in a drag racing situation....(boosted 3rd gear launches and power shifting) Dont think even a billet nv would do the trick though...

i would like to get a fast shifting unbreakable tranny that would hold up behind a 700 hp 12v in a drag racing situation....(boosted 3rd gear launches and power shifting) Dont think even a billet nv would do the trick though...

Already one available.

Built 47RE

I want new gear ratios with no OD and straight cut gears. Also 4 cog syncros.

If you set up the axles with the correct gearing, you can run 4th gear, which is direct drive the tranny. This will eliminate power going thru the countershaft.

Has anybody tried a lenco in a diesel?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So we use 4th gear and still see our manuals breaking I have a twin 850hp truck that would be easy to throw a billet 47rh that we build but why be like everybody else? And I know its not just me that breaks these transmissions even at 500hp like 5th gear clutch hud and 3rd gear take offs at the strip on the weekend and still want a daily driver! So that is what we are working on! And for pulling we like the manual alot better anyways so we gota build a stock external looking nv4500 with billet internals! Now we can go as far as making it a 2 spd for pulling only and different track set ups thats something else we are looking into! But like i said its goin to take alot of time and money and if there isnt a market for it, its not worth it!

Back