Black Diesel

I most definelty would not run that through your 6.0 injectors.

Nor any of the other new trucks out there.

I put a countless # of tanks through my old truck 97 GMC 6.5 and now about 10,000 miles of it through my new truck. Runs like a champ. I mix it with jet fuel 50/50 and i get the jet fuel for a $1.00/gal so a gal of fuel for me is $.50. I didnt know what to think at first either but with all the miles that i put on the gmc i beleave in it.

Alex

I was running a 70/30 mix with used trans fluid..70% being the trans fluid..ran like a champ.

I believe the 6.5's and especially the military 6.5's in the hummers can acctually run on all that weird stuff. Had a buddy in the marines said on the battle feild they would run on anything, they were designed that way incase of a fuel shortage they could put anything in the fuel tank and keep on moving. Jeremy

who cares how it runs -- just think about all the crap and the horrible emissions you're putting out -- I'm not a tree hugger, but those emissions would be toxic to people that inhaled them... why not use things designed to be burned like additives or bio??

and I'm also not for burning things just cause I can -- I know my 7.3 will burn nearly anything, but doesn't mean I should... just my $.02

If I remember right, Cummins approve the 12v 5.9 w/ the VE pump to run up to 5% WMO. I've been told on a few sites as long as you filter it and run WMO only in moderation, its not bad on the truck a few galllons at a time. I've also read alot of post of people saying not to use ATF because of the friction modfiers in it. I personally don't and won't use waste oil in my trucks fuel tank. I use a recomended fuel aditive like standyne in my truck.

when I change my oil(as long as it's dino) I just dump it in the tank when I'm done. much easier than hauling 3 gallons down to the auto parts store that says I have to make 3 separate trips, 3 separate days, 1 gallon at a time. I swear that is the stupidest rule ever.

It stinks a little worse and smokes a blue haze but it runs just the same. they say not to do it with synthetic and I don't know why not. btw I ussually have close to a full tank as possible.

I will dump a gallon in my tank every once in a while. Not on any sort of regular basis though, and I've never put more than a gallon. Mostly I do it because it's the easiest way to get rid of the oil.

That sounds like a deathwish for a HPCR system.

Last edited:
Its bad news on a HPCR.

I've had numerous guys ship me their entire truck just so I can get them running right again. Bad news on newer trucks.

~Wes~

even worse news for the environment and air quailty cause someone was too lazy to dispose of it the proper way....:badidea::rolleyes::banghead:

Its bad news on a HPCR.

I've had numerous guys ship me their entire truck just so I can get them running right again. Bad news on newer trucks.

~Wes~

Wes, I think we met last year at the Baytown diesel drags (when you lost a turbo?). I was the guy with Forrest. You've got a killer truck :cool:

- Matt

I've never heard of such a thing... but isn't that kind of the point? That you already used the fluid... you're trying to get rid of it now, right? It's not exactly paper towels that you can turn around and wipe your butt with. :doh: Not sure where that came from LOL

I don't thinK I'd risk it.

Wes, I think we met last year at the Baytown diesel drags (when you lost a turbo?). I was the guy with Forrest. You've got a killer truck :cool:

- Matt

Hell, If you're hanging with Forrest then you have to be cool, or you like Lone Star. LOL

Yeah I roasted a turbo in Baytown, not fun. Thanks for the compliment on the truck.

I see you're in Arlington. I live in Quinlan and make it into Dallas a few nights a week.

~wes~

Hell, If you're hanging with Forrest then you have to be cool, or you like Lone Star. LOL

Yeah I roasted a turbo in Baytown, not fun. Thanks for the compliment on the truck.

I see you're in Arlington. I live in Quinlan and make it into Dallas a few nights a week.

~wes~

You post over on DFWstangs a little too, dont you? I'm Stroked71Bowtie over there.

- Matt

What is there worse in motor oil put through a Diesel than in fuel oil put through a Diesel?

Back