Bone Stock 6.7 Reliability? MPG?

skidmann

skidmann
I would really like to get a new Mega cab but don't want the warranty voided immediately by DPF/EGR deleting it. Does anyone have a bone stock truck to report on. Are there any mods that won't void the warranty? Doesn't look promising. I have read the Dodge fine print and it looks like if you change the front floor mats they will void the warranty! Talked to snow performance and they said that one of there kits will greatly reduce the trucks going into regen mode. Just looking for ideas.

This long without a reply, not a good sign. If I were you I would look for an 06 or early 07. Go get the 48RE built and add some power, good to go! Just sayin'

I think they have got most of the kinks worked out on the new trucks. I tow heavy with my 08 most everyday. I didn't do any mods until 80,000 to 85,000 mile mark. I didn't have any problems to speak of to that point! these trucks need to run hot ( with all factory emissions intact ). I just took my truck into the dealer at the 92,000 mile mark, with a programmer and dpf delete with egr unplugged. They replaced an injector, two rocker arms, and a bent pushrod. Still haven't totally fixed the problem, but are working on a solution. Just talk to the dealer before you buy, and see if they are mod friendly. I tow anywhere from my 9,000 pound empty trailer, up to around 30,000 pounds (most ive grossed with the total setup is a shade under 43,000 pounds). Truck pulls it like a champ! 6.7 is strong, just got to work it hard to keep it running smooth...

Got two sitting in shop now with blown HG's...one basicly stock auto...the other running egr delete and dpf delete w/smarty 65 hp setting. Stock truck was puking coolant at idle and has 70k on the ticker. The other has 120k but gets @ 20-22 mpg.

I would really like to get a new Mega cab but don't want the warranty voided immediately by DPF/EGR deleting it. Does anyone have a bone stock truck to report on. Are there any mods that won't void the warranty? Doesn't look promising. I have read the Dodge fine print and it looks like if you change the front floor mats they will void the warranty! Talked to snow performance and they said that one of there kits will greatly reduce the trucks going into regen mode. Just looking for ideas.

get to know the guys at a dealership and as long as ur not pushin for a major part like a engine or transmissin being replaced they will over look it, i would deffinatly remove the egr cooler heard it causin hg to blow, got a 09 with less than 10k and all deleted and runs great 20mpg

Sounds like people are all over the place on this argument. I didn't realize that you could just remove the EGR without pulling the DPF? Am I understanding this corectly?

Sounds like people are all over the place on this argument. I didn't realize that you could just remove the EGR without pulling the DPF? Am I understanding this corectly?

If you are going to just delete one, do the dpf. If you do the egr delete and not the dpf, you will clog the dpf sooner. You will have more soot going into the dpf with the egr deleted. You can do it, just would not recommend it. If you delete the egr, i would suggest that you delete the dpf also.

If you are going to just delete one, do the dpf. If you do the egr delete and not the dpf, you will clog the dpf sooner. You will have more soot going into the dpf with the egr deleted. You can do it, just would not recommend it. If you delete the egr, i would suggest that you delete the dpf also.

HMMM ? Im thinking the exact opposite on this. If we delete the EGR, then there should be LESS soot going through the motor AND the DPF, right ??

Just un bolt the stepper motor on the intake horn and no soot will enter the engine any more did that till we got a egr delete

Back