Bore and crank specs

EvanBoothe

Does anyone have a list on all the measurements for mains's, rods, bore, crank.. Just want to double check everything for bearing sizes and wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to measure your stuff and set the bearings and bore accordingly. Not every piece is the same in every engine. Measure your mains and rods and set the bearings to what tolerance you want

Last edited:
He's looking for the acceptable tolerances to see if he needs to have it bored or crank ground. I assume for a 24 valve?

Yeah it's a 24 valve and yes I'm looking for the tolerances so I can make sure I can go with std bearings and hopefully just a hone job on the cylinders. Looking for the actual measurements for when I mike it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.001 per inch of journal. Take the bore to the max Cummins spec for piston. If its STD bore then go 4.020

Last edited:
Factory tolerances for the crank journals are,

Rod Journal 2.7160-2.7170
Main Journal 3.2672-3.2682

And then like mentioned "acceptable" is .001 taper for every inch.
Doesn't matter greatly how the journals measure out as long as there's not a lot of taper in the main bore housing/rods and you have the oil clearance you want.

You can find the Factory Service Manual for the '01 ram online, it will have specs for pretty much everything in the engine.

Back