Borgeson steering box and shaft

jlibert

After 320k miles, my truck was in desperate need of some steering upgrades. I did a lot of reading on different options for my steering setup, and decided on the borgeson hd shaft and quick ratio box (Pure Diesel Power had a black friday special). I already had Lukes Links, on the stock geometry steering setup. Install wasn't complicated, and the parts seem pretty stout. There is no more slop in the steering wheel, and the truck feels like brand new again. My only regret is that I didn't upgrade sooner.

-jp

I agree. Installed mine a few months ago, couldn't be happier. The 3 1/2 turns lock-to-lock is very nice for maneuvering my dually in parking spaces.

did anyone notice the slop in the steering shaft, I looked at my dad's truck the other day and it didn't seem like there was any slop there, we got the brace for the box and a new steering box but it still seems to wander a little, just curious what you guys have observed

did anyone notice the slop in the steering shaft, I looked at my dad's truck the other day and it didn't seem like there was any slop there, we got the brace for the box and a new steering box but it still seems to wander a little, just curious what you guys have observed

My steering shaft had excessive slop in the slip joint.

Wandering could be lots of different things.
the sector shaft adjustment on the steering box could be too tight
excessive toe out
worn ball joints / rod ends etc.

-jp

The truck does drive better but i think my dad was looking for all the problems to be fixed, we put the third gen track bar on too, rod ends looked good and the ball joints were replaced not to long ago. I told him to just live with it or get a new truck and give me his lol

Back