bottom end for 1000hp 5.9

jambbii

milk
Looking to build something reliable. Not going to sledpull just drag race and hill climb. I am probably going to stay below 4krpm. Do I need a girdle for the bottom end or just studs? Was also going to shotpeen the rods. Anything else I could be leaving out?

Thanks,

Josh

1000 on fuel or on spray? they sound the same, but I think spray hits harder, more violently.

Shotpeened connecting rods
Balanced bottom end
Stock block stiffener in CR, girdle for older trucks

I chatted with Weston on this and he said stock bottom end should be fine but a CR girdle wouldnt hurt. We will see if I get mine balanced or not.

I chatted with Weston on this and he said stock bottom end should be fine but a CR girdle wouldnt hurt. We will see if I get mine balanced or not.

I have heard that a stock bottom end should be able to hold, but I am not much of risk taker anymore :)

I would at least get the bottom end balanced, also run a cr block stffiner, you can run them on older engines, and studs, plus sronger rod bolts on the shotpeened rods. thats about what i run on my 1100hp 3.0 truck and she sees 6k plus sometimes.

can the cr block stiffener be used with your normal main studs.
I have been tossing around the idea of just putting studs in the bottom without any kind of girdle or spending the big money for the longer mainstuds and a girdle kit.

What are all the different options for girdles can be used with your normal ARP 14mm main stud kit?

Lance

run the girdle they are cheap. And balance the bottom and you should be all good. Dont forget the studs and rod bolts.

I just ordered ARP main bolts and rocker studs.
I was told save your money, stock rod bolts
are just as strong as any. I have a set of 99 rods
being cryo, shot peened, and beam relived. I would
have spent the extra money for bolts.

i have seen them handle high hp and rpm but when they do fail the wreck every thing.

does anyone have pics of all the different girdles out there??
I have seen haisley's, and the armstrong girdle. But what else is out there?

Lance

So what did you decide to do with your engine...you got it to the machinist and what parts are you going to put into it?

So what did you decide to do with your engine...you got it to the machinist and what parts are you going to put into it?

Yeah, it just needs a hone and I am going to have it decked. Not sure of what pistons I am going to use now. Going to definatly get the bottom end balanced....

Yeah, it just needs a hone and I am going to have it decked. Not sure of what pistons I am going to use now. Going to definatly get the bottom end balanced....

Keep us updated as your build progresses and make sure to get some pictures as well.

Back