Brad Penn 15w-40 ?

homewrecker

gear jammer
Is there 2 different grades of Penn 15w-40 being sold? Reason I ask is on BP's website it only show grade 1 15w-40 and warns of use on emission equipped diesels. Then on the 2 of the vendors sites I looked at for pricing they are advertising it as excellent for todays modern emmission diesels. And the pic of the container shows nothing stating grade 1.. Im trying to find some oil heavy in zddp being my local source has come to an end.

Edit: I just sent an e-mail to Brad Penn Oil..I will see what they say.

Last edited:
This whole CI/CJ debate is too damn confusing for me. I just want some good oil that doesnt need an additional $30-$60 additive dumped in it also.

Penn Grade 1 High Performance Oils contain high zinc and phosphorous additive concentrations which can be detrimental to cars and trucks with catalytic converters.

For our Brad Penn Synthetic Blend and Premium Passenger Car Motor oils more suitable for use in vehicles with catalytic converters, please click here. Always consult your owner's manual for proper oil selection.

Looks like two different ones offered

The oil that you want to look into is called heavy duty select and was told to me by a guy and works for brad penn sales rep.

This whole CI/CJ debate is too damn confusing for me. I just want some good oil that doesnt need an additional $30-$60 additive dumped in it also.

ConocoPhillips-Hydroclear Power-D® Engine Oil - Multigrade 15-40

API Service CI-4 with CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4, SL

Flash Point C, (F) - 225 (437)

Pour Point C, (F) -40 (40)

Viscosity, Kinematic cSt @40 C =115/cSt @ 100 C = 15.2

Viscosity Index = 138

Cold Cranking Viscosity,cP @ -20 C = 6,500

High Temp/High Shear Viscosity, cP @ 150 C = 4.3

Sulfated Ash,wt % = 1.48

TBN (Total Base Number) = 12.2

Zinc,wt % = 0.145

Last edited: