Brakes very slow to release......

John Robinson

06 1 ton 4x4 auto trans.....does have adjustable pedals. Press on the brakes & the pedal is slow to return. Anybody else seen this?

not had the problem myself. Holding the truck back at the line has been though. I have to press them so hard, the peddle is almost to the floor !

My thought about your issue would be, poor line psi, sticking calipers... I'm sure you'd know more than I though.

The only adjustable peddle I know of is the ridiculous button that electrically moves the peddles up and down. I could have thought of 5 other things in put in the truck beside that !

My 06 does it...the brake lights stay on for close to a second after I let off the pedal. Never had any issues because of it though.

My 06 does it...the brake lights stay on for close to a second after I let off the pedal. Never had any issues because of it though.

same here... after i left off the pedal, the lights stay on for a sec

i have this same issue ... but it doesnt lock the brakes on the truck but the lights stay on for a second after letting off the pedle ... but it does effect my trailer brakes ... the brakes stay on when i am trying to get on the skinny pedel ... i have just learned to deal with it ...

That is what mine is doing right now. My brake lights sometimes stay on until I reach down and lift the pedal. It is a major pain with the trailer brakes. Anyone have any ideas for a fix? I have never flushed the system, would that help?

I had a couple of 06' 3500 duelly's, flushed both systems. The black truck was fine but the silver still drug just a hair. So yes, it did help...but I really don't know why?

My 05 2500 does it. I lift the brake after every time I stop out of habit now.

Back