Brand new Dana 70 rear?

Zeppelin654

Is there a place that sells a complete brand new rear end with brakes and everything for a 92 w250 (Dana 70)? I'm crossing my fingers that my axle seal fix actually works this time, but if it doesn't, I don't want to keep throwing money at it unless it's something brand new. I also was wondering what other axle could be swapped in there that would have the same or very very close track width. I searched, but I only came up with a Dana 80 would be way too wide. It'd be nice to have disc brakes even though I'd have to redo the brake lines as well as traction bars etc. thanks guys. I'm in Clearfield PA 16830 by the way, if anyone know a driveline place that could do it all. I'm really getting tired of working on the inboard drums and rear end every time they leak.

From what I remember when I had my first gen, guys where using GM 14 bolts. They should be the same width, or very close.

Do you know how those would bolt up considering the 70's Shock mounts are part of the u bolt mounts? And you know if there's a place you can buy complete loaded brand new 14 bolt rears?

Give Dynatrac a call they will build you a complete brand new Dana 70 with disc brakes or with drums. Lots of $$$ though.

Another option already mentioned is the GM 14 bolt or go for the big beef and get a AAM 11.5 rear out of a Duramax or big block 2500 single wheel. You will have to move spring perches, shock mounts and driveshaft modify. Don't get a Dodge AAM they are to wide, 4".

Just buy a good used axle and rebuild it.
Tear the hubs off first and check the seal surfaces before buying.

Hell, It seems like I have a 3.54 SRW axle from a truck with @ 140,000 miles on it around here somewhere.

Mark.

Back