broke ladder bars

The LazarSmith traction bars are designed to be either bolt-on or weld-on, depending on the driver's preference. I don't mind welding on chassis, axle tubes, tranny cases or engine blocks (been doing it for 30 years), but I understand why some folks don't like it. Even for extreme competition use, I wouldn't hesitate to abuse one of our bolt-on installations.

I figure if you can pull 20k with only three 1/2" grade 8 bolts on each side of the frame with a gooseneck up and down hills and etc then holding mounts for a set of traction bars should be no problem.. My $.02

Has anyone had a problem towing with traction bars ? GDP bars appear to be great for towing as they have a "rocker" in the front. What about the old style heim joint bars ?

Triton i would weld the plate to the axle to eliminate axle twist, not so much axle wrap. By the looks of it you're a very good welder, if you got proper penetration.

I ain't towed anything worth mentioning but I have gone rock crawling with traction bars before and they did just fine.

Back