Broke mofo's building a T-4 manifold

YOUNG GUNS15

Im AWESOME!!!!
Some buddies and me built a T4 manifold off of a stock manifold. my buddy Brandon (murphy41 on here) did the port work, another buddy did the welding.

besedyje.jpg

anuje3em.jpg

gu3y8uza.jpg

Pics might be small, they were taken with a phone.

That's nice welding. What rod did he TIG that with? What pre and post heat to keep it from cracking?

That's nice welding. What rod did he TIG that with? What pre and post heat to keep it from cracking?

I would like to know the same. The divider on the T-4 looks really thick, is that normal?

Last edited:
This is what Being bored does, having a T4 flange welded to a manifold laying around. Hahaha

Tried that with a 24v version. It wouldn't keep my charger lit worth a f**k. 100' out on the track the truck would fall on its face. went back to my tube header and was again able to hold 4K+ down the track.

We're not pulling, nor asking to maintain 4k. Just tinkering around, for a street truck. Probably work pretty good for a lower budget alternative for a .9 T4 S300 style charger.

We're not pulling, nor asking to maintain 4k. Just tinkering around, for a street truck. Probably work pretty good for a lower budget alternative for a .9 T4 S300 style charger.

agreed, it would probably light a s300 better than trying to do it with a steed speed, or a tube manifold.

Did the same thing to my stock manifold on a budget build, I used monel filler and 200 degree preheat, no post weld treatment. I had no problems driving a 66/73/.91 for a couple thousand miles. When I built my new setup I went with steed for efficiency. The stock manifold had no cracks, no leaks

or a 475 with a .9 something housing. LOL

Hahaha I'll pass, The 69 was big enough for my likings on the street haha

Hahaha I'll pass, The 69 was big enough for my likings on the street haha

I've ran a welded on T4 adapter on several trucks. Never had an issue.

Sent from my paperweight.

I've never had a fancy TIG to get the job done, but I've MIG welded a few together. First was a T4 for my HX40, then a T4i for my 451. T4 manifold is still running around on another truck after 6 years. T4i actually got trimmed for the WGMT for a 351, so it had been on my truck for almost 3 years... No leaks or cracks in either. No preheat, just made sure everything was perfectly clean, roll pinned them in four places, and stitch welded in opposite corners with enough cool time between pairs that I could hold my hand on the piece.

No proplem with being resoucefull. I ran a 11.85 with a stock mani and t4 adapter that i made. Got a steed now but it got the job done at the time.

I've never had a fancy TIG to get the job done, but I've MIG welded a few together. First was a T4 for my HX40, then a T4i for my 451. T4 manifold is still running around on another truck after 6 years. T4i actually got trimmed for the WGMT for a 351, so it had been on my truck for almost 3 years... No leaks or cracks in either. No preheat, just made sure everything was perfectly clean, roll pinned them in four places, and stitch welded in opposite corners with enough cool time between pairs that I could hold my hand on the piece.

I have a Tig welder and don't use it for that. All my adapters were Mig welded on. I chamfer it then weld the groove. I sandblasted the manifold before welding to make sure it was clean.

Sent from my paperweight.

Looks good! My welded manifold has survived quite a few years of this:

1008dp_08%2b1989_dodge_d250_ve_pump_nitrous_system%2bdiesel_engine_flame_thrower.jpg

Did anyone who's ran a welded adapter port it clear out to the T4 flange and gasket match the T4 as well? I think with how much material I removed I think that'll help it to flow a tad more too.

Back