built 47re issues

Dieselmafialb7

needs more air....
So just did a rebuild on a 47RE used a suncoast clutche kit and suncoast valve body and converter

Finished the truck up and took it for a drive everything felt great shifts were crisp and firm and converter hit just like it should and everything was normal next day drove it some more before sending out the door still great. Guy took the truck told him to take it easy for a couple hundred miles. He ended up racing all night that night and then tonight he was beating on it again and said it was acting ip.

So I had him drop it off and I took it for a drive, reverse seems fine but when I drop it in drive it takes a second then finally goes into drive and feels like it's slipping but it will eventually shift to 4th but the converter will never lock?

Fluid level almost seemed slightly high now left at the perfect level and trans got warm fairly fast. Feels like the converter is shot but I don't understand how a brand new converter would take a ****.

What should I be looking at or for maybe a valve body issue? I plan to try and check pressure tomorrow but I have no idea what the suncoast unit should run at idle or wot as they sent zero paper work on anything.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Well we have zero line pressure now from the accumulator port in neutral reverse or drive what the hell would have happened to cause this

Back