Bushing Picts

nick2001

Im looking to make a bushing for a s400 with five and a half inch comp cover. The question I have is how do guys "hold" the bushing in. I dont want to do any damage to the cover, or have set screws on the intake side of the bushing. The press fit idea crossed my mind. But Im worried about the expansion rates of the cover and bushing being different. This will be for a pulling truck that will run as a 2.8 or a bushed 2.6. Anyone with Pictures would be great.

FYI... I do know where the search feature is and 2.6 bushed does fit our 2.6 comp class. Thanks

I've seen bellmouths installed inside. I don't if its an interference fit, but it also has 3 roll pins inserted from the outside to retain it. No through holes, so no worry about the pins going through.

Anyone else have any input? If I put a 1/4 hole thru the bellmouth of the cover and didnt have the bushing in, would the holes cause any flow issues with it?

not a real good pic but here is the one i have, its for a S475 to 2.8...the covers look different sizes because the left one is closer

photobucket-4068-1322418826526.jpg

Last edited:
Can you make one that the intake hose holds in?

Like a velocity stack that slips in, and bell mouths out to the intake lip.

Just slide in the bushing, put the intake hose over the double lip and tighten the clamp.

If you do that you loose all of the benifit of the map width groove. I Think Im going to use 3 roll pins like stated above. The only issue I have with that is the comp cover itself will have 3 holes from the map width area of the casting into the main bore.

Back