BW S362fmw/68/12, ATS manifold, Mishimoto radiator.

jimbo486

It was a busy weekend for me. I spent a few hours on Thursday installing a new oil cooler. I had also ordered a Mishimoto aluminum radiator a couple of weeks ago knowing I'd have the system drained. Both installed without a single issue and are functioning as expected to.

The most fun I had was installing an ATS exh. manifold and a BW S362fmw/68/12 which I got from Eric at The Hungry Diesel. This was to complement the injectors which I also got from Eric. After weeks of discussion of current mods, goals, ideas, etc., we settled on a set of 370s in non i/c bodies which would then be honed to approx. 72lpm. Well, they ended up flowing 75lpm. No complaints from me! Those were installed a few weeks ago before heading out to Vegas for Mopars at The Strip. At the time, the truck was boasting an HTT Super 40/35 hybrid with a wastegated 14cm housing. It ran great, felt strong and managed to keep up well and keep temperatures comfortable. It had no problems creating 45-50psi but I never kept it there for any longer than 1-2 seconds and only on rare occasions. It spooled instantly and pulled hard! The truck was keeping up with my friend's truck which had been dyno'd at 445hp. I was happy! Finally.

Even with the previous set of 370s which I had borrowed from Jeremy (STOMP), it ran great. Eric and I came to an agreement about them possibly needing to be re-popped since it seemed to have a small haze at idle. It still ran awesome though.

Jeremy, if you're reading this, those injectors will be heading back to you shortly. :thankyou2:

Yesterday consisted of installed the ATS manifold and S362fmw. Most of you already know how that work goes so I don't have any pictures of the progress of the task; only pictures from when it was completed.

100_8616_zpsquai7w8z.jpg

100_8614_zpsp3cumvq8.jpg

100_8617_zpsqjhdzwtf.jpg

100_8623_zps6vuomcb4.jpg

100_8615_zpsznvp3zst.jpg

The 62fmw feels damn close to the hybrid. Spool might only be a hair slower than the hybrid. No doubt, since it's a little larger than the hybrid. I beat the snot out of it last night after I installed it. I pushed it hard but not full throttle. I saw 50psi from it and EGTs were only 1000degs. while holding a steady 38-40psi. for a few seconds. This is with a "balls-out" VE built by Giles at Performance Diesel. This truck is nasty now!

I have a G-Tech system that I've been meaning to setup and calibrate for some time now. Once I accomplish that, I'll have an idea of just how strong this ol' half a million mile motor still is.

Eric is an awesome guy and is very easy to deal with. A stand-up guy, very accommodating, goes above and beyond to get you what you need and won't stop until you get what you want. His products are and perform exactly as he describes. Namely, these injectors and the turbo that he recommended. Both have complemented the Giles pump very well so far and I think they'll have no issues in the future. Eric would take care of you if something should though. I have no affiliation with The Hungry Diesel. Just touting how impressed I am with what I've experienced. Thanks, Eric! :rockwoot:

The engine is the only "clean" thing under the hood. :lolly:

Mark, it only seemed fitting to give a Chrysler product a dose of Hemi Orange accents. I wasn't fully converted until my first attendance of MATS last year. I think I'll be attending every year from now on!

Thanks for the compliments!

Nothing wrong with being a Mopar guy (notice my SIG)
Engine bay looks good, I always thought about doing that to my white truck but sold it, now I have a red 93 that will be a fun toy (with the help of member MAD FABRICATION)

The engine is the only "clean" thing under the hood. :lolly:

Mark, it only seemed fitting to give a Chrysler product a dose of Hemi Orange accents. I wasn't fully converted until my first attendance of MATS last year. I think I'll be attending every year from now on!

Thanks for the compliments!

Back in my day, my rear axle housings were all SH orange, as were the lower and upper control arms, which were all the components I rebuilt or cleaned up at any given time, since I hated a loose driving MoPar more than anything.
SH Orange is a very distinct color and it goes good with darker colors.

I haven't been to MATS since 2003.
It's a long drive and sometimes the weather isn't cooperative, but not doing the old MoPars any more plays a big role in my lack of interest.

I think a 'C' body wagon (Preferably a '71 Chrysler T&C Wagon) with a CR in it would be an awesome machine.
Add in a re-worked Dana 80 with a G-360 (for gear ratio and weight) and it'd be able to yank a decent sized travel trailer around. :cool:

Mark.

Jeremy, if you're reading this, those injectors will be heading back to you shortly. :thankyou2:

Well they have at least a couple of hundred thousand miles on them. I wouldn't be surprised if they needed to be tested and shimmed.

Sounds good. I just wished you could have dynoed with them, but no biggie. Should have mine going before too long so maybe I will get a chance. :D

Stomp

Your engine bay rocks! Take it to Racelegal.com, you're down by San Diego right?

Also, 1000 degrees EGT? Get a 14mm already ;)

Back