calling compd p pump conv experts.

dieselhead117

Up and Coming
Hey fellas. I've had my conversion done for about two months and am loving every second. Recently i had a terrible oil leak and to fix that I had to pull my pump out. and grind down the plenum area to better access the bottom nut. i covered all openings. Not a big deal right? this is the third time I have had to pull my pump for different reasons. Well this time when i threw it back on and fired the truck and i am idleing white smoke. So I figured the timing is off. Well i spent the afternoon retiming it, and i simply cannot get it to fire. I even pinned the pump at top dead center (How i got it to start right after the conversion.) Pump is fed by an airdog 150 at 40psi. I have fuel at all the lines, but i cannot even get a pulse out of the motor. I'm at my wits end. Now it's either ether (i know, I know) or idk what to do. Thanks in advance!

I had it marked on the dampner. I used this mark earlier to time it. pretty much the only thing I haven't done is drop valve.

Hey thanks y'all. I didn't quite understand at first what you meant by the correct top dead center! So simple! that's exactly what it had to be. When i searched earlier i found a fella with the exact same issues and it fixed it for him. I guess i was too zeroed in on something else. I'll try it in the morning. Out of curiousity does anyone know what the ratios of the dampner to crank and pump gear to crank are? just wondering.

Ya man. When i first tried it started but timing was still off. So i started completely over using the screwdriver trick. Timing is still a bit retarded but i'll bump it again tomorrow runs well for now. Thanks for the help fellas!

Back