Cam bearings 12v quote

Penni

Need an idea on a couple other places to get quotes for cam bearing machining prices, I'm located in southwest mo

I have one quote for 1000... that seems a little stout for machine work only...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Need an idea on a couple other places to get quotes for cam bearing machining prices, I'm located in southwest mo

I have one quote for 1000... that seems a little stout for machine work only...

Idk how far you want to drive, but there is a place in North West tn that will do them for around $300 if im.not mistaken. Kellys engine service. Union city. Tn
https://m.facebook.com/Kellys-Engine-Service-133350013399138/

Last edited:
Well, driving there and back would still be cheaper than the 1000 quote I already have... do they good work?

Well, driving there and back would still be cheaper than the 1000 quote I already have... do they good work?

They stay busy, I'll be honest, they are a old school machine shop. Not exactly the cleanest place in they world. But they do lots of racing stuff around here. Several people like them. But we don't have a lot of options around here either.

Well, I know machine work is generally "get what you pay for"... but the 1000 quote I have at home is too high,

do you know of anyone that has had them do theirs? I'd sure hate to drive it there & back then install for sub-par or bad work and repeat the process...

Well, I know machine work is generally "get what you pay for"... but the 1000 quote I have at home is too high,

do you know of anyone that has had them do theirs? I'd sure hate to drive it there & back then install for sub-par or bad work and repeat the process...

Only one I know of personaly, that had a 5.9 block done. No problems that I know of but that motor probably didn't get maybe 15-20 pulls on it and kinda retired the truck.

I hate to say I recommend them. But I'm not scared of them either. They have been in business and long time.(kinda hard to do if everything you do is shotty.)

First time I called to get a quote I was really surprised at how Cheap they were compared to everybody else I have talked to about doing a block. But after thinking about it. Thier price seems fair to me and all these stupid prices you here floating around are people price gouging just because it's a diesel and they can.

Yea the guy around here is the only one that does it, hence the 1000 price.... WAYY too much

How bad of an idea is it to only add one in the back if they are in good shape to begin with? One was in the classifieds setup like that.

Asking me or ^^^ this guy?

I want them for 5k RPMS, weaker drivelive, and peace of mind, I understand many say you don't need them

I want them for 5k RPMS, weaker drivelive, and peace of mind, I understand many say you don't need them

Sidenote - I might not run them, just looking for quotes at this time... just thought $1000 was wayy too high, hence the reason for the post

I wanted to add bushings to the remaining 6 journals in mine when it gets rebuilt just for peace of mind. However, when I asked, the machine shop told me they couldn't do it. Of course, after I had already bought 7 from Hamilton. Maybe at the very least I'll ask if they can machine the rear journal to accept a bushing before they plug it off with a new expansion plug. I guess I'll cross my fingers for a 'yes.'

I wanted to add bushings to the remaining 6 journals in mine when it gets rebuilt just for peace of mind. However, when I asked, the machine shop told me they couldn't do it. Of course, after I had already bought 7 from Hamilton. Maybe at the very least I'll ask if they can machine the rear journal to accept a bushing before they plug it off with a new expansion plug. I guess I'll cross my fingers for a 'yes.'

You should try Q&E Machine in Anaheim.

If I had asked a while back and known a week ago or so, I'd have paid them a visit.

The shop I went with was a referral from Craig at Big Power Diesel. It's Adam's Metalizing and Grinding. They've machined and built some Cummins engines for him. I couldn't find a local diesel friendly machine shop that would disassemble, machine, clean and assemble. The few I called declined doing anything "custom" stating they only do OEM work.

I liked knowing that Adam's has worked with Cummins engines before. Upon mentioning an aftermarket cam, they said they'll put whatever cam in it I want. I supplied the Hamilton cam and tappets.

Thanks for the info. Still doesn't hurt to at least call and ask some questions.

Back