cam install

tireburner27

I put a cam in my truck 181 and the rockers are way out of spart almost wete the push rod can almost pull the push rod out. I put cr tappets billet push rods everything is new valves stock 12v 60 pound springs. If i adjust to spec theres about three threads left. The only thing i can think of is they take material off the cam at tdc of piston or something idk any input will help i just dont want to start truck if somethings wrong.

Slow down there hot rod. Did you line up the marks on the cam and crank gear? The pushrods are for a cr tappet on one end and 12 on the rest?

Last edited:
It's difficult to understand what your saying. Slow down, use punctuation, and spell better please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the bad punctuation. Yes, cam and crank are timed together then the pin is in for engine tdcc with it all lined up including pump at stock timing also pinned with the piston up so id say that would be right. Also timing marks are lined up also

Im not sure how to post a pic but i can fit a pencil between the rocker and the valve from the old cam adjustment.

Back