cam ?'s

some 98 cummins

hey everybody i am diving head first into the p-pump swap on my 98.5 24v. i got a 911 pump, gear and i working on geting the rest of the stuff and what my questions are:

1. what would be a good cam for a 600rwhp street truck?

2. im looking for better performance, and if possible better mpg's, is this obtainable?

3. how much do they run? i have been told about 500$

4. do aftermarket cams come with bolt on gears?

thanks everybody in advance, yes i have been searching/reading about this for a long time and cant find the answer im looking for so any help would be greatly appriciated.
rory

Call up Zach or Ryan at hamilton cans. They can hook you up. I love mine.

hey everybody i am diving head first into the p-pump swap on my 98.5 24v. i got a 911 pump, gear and i working on geting the rest of the stuff and what my questions are:

1. what would be a good cam for a 600rwhp street truck?

2. im looking for better performance, and if possible better mpg's, is this obtainable?

3. how much do they run? i have been told about 500$

4. do aftermarket cams come with bolt on gears?

thanks everybody in advance, yes i have been searching/reading about this for a long time and cant find the answer im looking for so any help would be greatly appriciated.
rory

any drop in street cam will be fine for that horse power. I cant answer the fuel mileage as mine are all pulling trucks but im sure they help out. They are all about 500$ and yes most come with the bolt on gear retainer. I run scheids cams but hamilton are good cams also. That would be my reccomendation.

Tim

Another vote for the Big Stick cam. Love the one in my dually. Made that 66mm turbo much more driveable. Even better now that there is twins on it.

Call Geoff from colt Cams that guy is great and will hook you up with anything you want, i Just got my cam done by him and i give him a 10

thank you everybody for all the advice! it has really helped and i will be calling around right now to see what i can figure.

Call Geoff from colt Cams that guy is great and will hook you up with anything you want, i Just got my cam done by him and i give him a 10

colt cams wont be making any till june or so. we got the last one for awhile, and possibly last all together. hamilton is the way to go.

That's wrong I just bought my cam Friday from geoff and he will still be making them and selling them. Geoff and I have started talking alot and he shows no sign of stopping

We are waiting on billets as is Geoff. Geoff still has all of the grinds we have used in the past. If I was going to get a regrind, I would trust none other than Geoff. He is meticulous in making sure the grind you want will not compromise the lobes hardness for the core you have. He also parkerizes his cams, a step that most regrinders do not worry with. It is another step that helps the cam break in properly. A lot of the other regrinds I have seen grind too much and leave the cam softer than they should be.

Zach

Back