Carrillo rod bolts

kleann

VP44 pwr
Has anyone seen the regular H11 tool steel rod bolts fail? I'm going to buy a set of rods soon and am wondering if the CARR multiphase rod bolts are worth it.

We've seen them fail, hard to tell if they were the root cause or not. Also heard of others breaking on installation. We only run ARP's everything we use/build.

That is not what I was hoping to read. thanks for the info

Last edited:
Mine broke after torquing them and installing pan. Went to turn engine over and it hit hard and stopped. Pulled pan both bolts broke and laying in bottom. Torqued to spec. They sent me a whole new set of rod bolts.

Mine broke after torquing them and installing pan. Went to turn engine over and it hit hard and stopped. Pulled pan both bolts broke and laying in bottom. Torqued to spec. They sent me a whole new set of rod bolts.

Was this with the H11's or the Carrs? Did they send H11s? Did you use the new set?

Last edited:
The WMC H-11s are rated for 230k psi vs the ARP are 220K and the Carr are 280k.... So in reality the WMC should be better than the ARPs. :confused:

I noticed my Carrillos had Carrillo rod bolts in them and I questioned them. Was told they're some of the best and not to bother swapping them for ARP's. Been over a year at 1200whp and so far so good. This is in a duramax though if that makes any difference.

I noticed my Carrillos had Carrillo rod bolts in them and I questioned them. Was told they're some of the best and not to bother swapping them for ARP's. Been over a year at 1200whp and so far so good. This is in a duramax though if that makes any difference.

That does help and confirms what several others have told me. We shall see.....

Back