Cast Iron Duramax Heads

EricStaab

Sponsor
Cast Iron Duramax Heads. We started with a solid version, and are currently working on the water jacketed version. So far everything is looking good on the dyno. Very happy with the results. Really looking to add durability to these engines with this. We more upgrades coming with valve train upgrades as well.

Also coming will be a 24v Cummins Head too.

Picture Below

https://www.facebook.com/NoLimitMFG/photos/pb.373771049325800.-2207520000.1459440130./951927434843489/?type=3&theater

Engine Warm up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCkPFnMbx9U

Video of Dyno Pass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LUGX-LhOPw

Attachments

• IMG_0002_1.jpg
    IMG_0002_1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
What do these offer for reliability that can't be had with aluminum heads?? Less prone to cracking, lifting, distortion etc??

What do these offer for reliability that can't be had with aluminum heads?? Less prone to cracking, lifting, distortion etc??

All of the above. We have tractor heads that are built from this same material that have been out there for years, and still running today. So yes less prone to cracking, more stable, will take more heat, less distortion, and yes resist lifting.

Do you have any data or flow numbers vs other aftermarket heads ?

We have our own flow numbers. I have numbers from stock ported heads, but none from other aftermarket heads. We do however have some dyno testing done and it looks really good. The customer prefers we don't let those numbers out, but I can say they should be very competitive with numbers we have seen.

Are these at the prototype stage?

When do you expect them to be available for everyman?

We tried to jump start billet heads with Eric about 3 years ago, but with another material. He is over worked and undermanned, I'm sure 4-6 months from now they will be available for production. I know he has lots of things to work out and try out still.

Cast Iron Duramax Heads. We started with a solid version, and are currently working on the water jacketed version. So far everything is looking good on the dyno. Very happy with the results. Really looking to add durability to these engines with this. We more upgrades coming with valve train upgrades as well.

Also coming will be a 24v Cummins Head too.

awesome, will be watching this for sure.

The solid cast heads are ready for production. We have them dyno tested and they look good.

Here is a link to one run with a 3.6 turbo at Danville Performance.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1359804350711929&set=p.1359804350711929&type=3&theater

The water jacketed heads are being finished in engineering, and we should have them out yet this spring.

We are going to do 24V cummins, and we are interested in starting to work with customers on them.

Wade is right, he has been pushing our ass to get some heads. We have some more ideas for lighter drag heads, but that will be fairly experimental. Mark from Danville will have a set of the water jacketed heads on his truck this year. They should be a little lighter than the solid heads.

I love seeing innovation! Very cool!

Sent from my flashscan v2

Very cool. In for the info as it develops. It is very disheartening to spend so much on building up a stock cummins head only to have it crack.

How much heavier are these?

cost vs comparable aluminum head I.e. wagler billet head.

Last edited:
PM me cost on solid heads and valve size/bore size options! Glad to see something different!

How much heavier are these?

cost vs comparable aluminum head I.e. wagler billet head.

They are heavier. 120lbs ea with valves and springs. I do not know what the Wagler heads are. Remember this is a solid head. We have room to do some lightning, probably can get a solid down to 105-110. The water jacket versions would be probably around 90-100 lb ea. We have some other ideas for a lighter head but it is going to be experimental, but if it works it will be very innovative. But I'm not going to elaborate on it at this moment.

We also have some additions to the valve train area, that will allow us to stiffen it up, and bring some real rigidity to it, along with steel roller rocker arms. This will be available later this year. How the head is built is unique, and we have filed, and have been granted a patent pending status, and currently we are working to finish the patent.

As far as cost we are more than an aluminum aftermarket cast head done up for racing, but not drastically more. But I feel the value based on durability is much better. We have heads we make for tractors made out of the same material that are still being used after 15 seasons. The heads are casted, but casted into a very basic shape. So we do a lot of machine work to them. We did this because it allows us more flexibility to meet the different demands of truck pulling and drag racing. We can tailor the porting to the turbos used, and the application. So every head we make has CNC Ports. But this adds cost to manufacturing, and means that something we would bolt on a stock truck would cost about the same as something we would bolt on a race truck. Who ever is interested you can call and we can talk about pricing, and delivery time.

Last edited:
Back