Centerlink?

nwtdiesel

See you in AZ :)
Was wondering if the straight Centerlink from PPE would be ok for a everyday driver or if the Cognito braces would be better? Yes, my tie-rods are level. I have the ATS sleeves. Im tryin to get my front from jumpin back and forth when i hit the juice!!!! THANX!

The solid one is the best bet for controling it (the jumping). It is totally drivable and removes all the play in the streering wheel for a much firmer feel and better input. This is as solid as the front end gets.

I run the Solid Center link and sleeves from Super Diesel and the truck has no issues.

Very stout pieces.

T:evil NY

You guys dont have any issues with turning into/around sharp obsticles? How bout takin a corner @ 65mph? The solid centerlink def sounds more stable!

I've watched pullers with the braces and pullers with centerlinks. Definately go with a centerlink. It almost looks like a solid front axle when the torque hits. The braces still deflect a little bit and give a bit of shimmy.

brandon.

How does it affect the akerman (sp?) in the steering? I have heard that it is not all that street friendly to your tires, and ability to corner.... ya ya I know its a truck!

Yes, it will wear out the front tires sooner and no you can't turn as sharp. But unless you have a long bed it isn't that big of an issue. We have the centerlink on Casper and it is still easier to park then Blue. But if you are running that high of HP your front end won't survive with just the sleeves and braces. my .02

witch.gif

It won't win any donut contests (run the stocker for this). Just toe out the front 1/8" and the tire wear is hadly noticable over the stocker. The stocker is made some what for turning but has crappy straight line power manners which can be very dangerous when drag racing and has some bad resistance when the tires toe in under the power. This is where the SD CL takes over. I haven't met to many that would trade back to the stocker after running the solid unit. Best thing is, you can change back for off season if desired, but get ready for some dissapointing wandering streering when you do. Been there done that.

Thanks for all your help! Tired of launchin to the left and bouncin all over the frikin road!:rockwoot:

You only notice the lack of Ackermann geometry in the SD/PPE centerlink when you are turning sharp at slow speed. Ackermann is the geometry of the front end which causes the inside tire to turn sharper than the outside tire, and all cars and trucks have it from the factory to improve turning radius. The straight centerlink gets rid of it, and both tires turn on the same arc.

If you have over 500rwhp, and you want to race or sled pull, it is your only choice. Cognito braces are good, but you will exceed their capabilities with big power.

Casper has the SD Centerlink and launches arrow straight. Blue has the Cognitos because it's turning radius already sucks, and it is right at 500hp. We do get a little dance with it when launching hard, but nothing scary.

Last edited:
Just put on some cognito braces and tie rod sleevs... works great for me! Launches much better! The center link will have to wait for another day!

centerlink is good for launches, but a bit hard on your stering componets, wife complains about the turning noises all the time

I've had the center link on for almost 3 years now (50,000 miles). No problems so far. Repaced the stock Idler arm, Pitman arm and tie rods at 80,000 for maintenance reasons.

Back