Changing Transmissions

kent521

12valve in a super duty running an 04 4r100 with a pcs simple shift cant get any performance with my trans setup , finally tired of messing with it . I wanted to keep a auto trans truck around because of using boat ramps in the summer time and my other truck is a manual also .
I had a freind with a 05 ish 2500 ram with a 6 speed manual at one time and I loved the way it drove and was thinking of this sametrans. My Questions are ?

What model transmission should I be looking for ?
Will the 5.9 2nd gen bolt directly to this trans ?
Are any electrical or electronics required for this unit ?
Is there any manual options for the tranfercase?
And what to do about the drive shafts length ect ?

Go with the NV5600 with the bigger input shaft. (1"3/8)
NV271D is the manual transfer case in third gen dodges from 2003-2012

THe NV5600 should bolt up to the 12valve with the NV5600 adapter plate and flywheel.

Why don't you have a professional tune it, I know of a guy with a 4r100 behind a 6,4 and its absolutely sick IMO I would stick with the 4r as it is a great trans when built right and should hold any around of power you throw at it
12valve in a super duty running an 04 4r100 with a pcs simple shift cant get any performance with my trans setup , finally tired of messing with it . I wanted to keep a auto trans truck around because of using boat ramps in the summer time and my other truck is a manual also .
I had a freind with a 05 ish 2500 ram with a 6 speed manual at one time and I loved the way it drove and was thinking of this sametrans. My Questions are ?

What model transmission should I be looking for ?
Will the 5.9 2nd gen bolt directly to this trans ?
Are any electrical or electronics required for this unit ?
Is there any manual options for the tranfercase?
And what to do about the drive shafts length ect ?

Back