Charging issue

moparmcg

Ok ive been searching reading and trying things on my 95 dodge, It's not charging, the batteries have been load tested and checked out good, alternator has been checked by two different places and checked out good. tried to wire in a external regulator thinking a bad pcm but still nothing changed and ruled out crank sensor since the tach still works. Also the fuse block and grounds all check out good and ohm out. any ideas would be great

Did you check the 50 amp fuse in the PDC that links the alternator to the battery?

Last edited:
i checked the fuse and it was all good, i actually got it figured out tonight. my buddy has the same year truck as me so i went and got his alternator and computer to try and it ended up being the computer as soon as i plugged it in and fired it up i had 14-14.5 volts. So now onto the task of finding a computer.

i checked the fuse and it was all good, i actually got it figured out tonight. my buddy has the same year truck as me so i went and got his alternator and computer to try and it ended up being the computer as soon as i plugged it in and fired it up i had 14-14.5 volts. So now onto the task of finding a computer.

If it was manual I could send you one.

thanks for the offer, he's truck is sitting for now so it'll get me by until we find one in the mean time so i can back on to pulling.

Anyone know if a gasser pcm on an older truck is the same as the 94-94 cummins with the a(47rh)?

Back