Chevy nv4500... Is it the same

dieselpolaris

Need a little more clarification on whether or not i can use an nv4500 out of chevy behind a cummins as long as i change the bellhousing the tailshaft and the input shaft. I found a smoking deal on one thats out of a 94 1-ton which i believe has the lower gear ratios but can i put the 1 3/8 input shaft in it with a dodge bellhousing and dodge tailshaft?

Need a little more clarification on whether or not i can use an nv4500 out of chevy behind a cummins as long as i change the bellhousing the tailshaft and the input shaft. I found a smoking deal on one thats out of a 94 1-ton which i believe has the lower gear ratios but can i put the 1 3/8 input shaft in it with a dodge bellhousing and dodge tailshaft?

yes if you change all those things i beleive they are the same.

but if by smoking deal you mean more than free, just get the right one. mine was very cheap

i heard they will work with diff bell housing, input shaft and output. like you said but once again i heard.

On the 93-94 GM nv4500s with the 6.34 1st gear, the input isn't interchangeable. The 95+ GM with the 5.61 1st will work if you swap the input though

but if by smoking deal you mean more than free, just get the right one. mine was very cheap

No kidding. If you have to change all those parts just to make it work you might as rebuild the one you already have that has the right input, output and bellhousing on it.

Back