clocking np241

1stgenctd

SuperBad
I'm doing a solid axle 4wd swap in my 93 2wd. It is a passenger side drop. It will be mated to a 47rh and I am curious if anyone has don't this and if they have any words if wisdom they could share. Not entirely sure how I will setup shifter or if the angles are correct for the front shaft. Also, a will eventually be doing a spring under axle flip to get the front end down, will this pose a problem? Any help is greatly appreciated

Why not just put a 205 in it? They had six bolt flanges and were available in both 27 and 29 spline inputs... Heck I have a 27 spline one on the floor right now along with a front drive shaft out of a 93 CTD.

You must get a RH drop 241. You can not flip a LH drop 94+ dodge 241.

I'm pretty sure that Cole Dow did this with a 271. He re plumbed the vent and pump tubing and it was pretty much bolt in with a custom made shift linkage. I don't have $$$ for a 271 at the moment so the 241 will have to do.

you can replumb a 241 similar to how they did with the 271. i ran an upside down 241.

Chevy used a RH drop 241.

I always thought they used 208's until the ifs trucks but it looks like 89, 90, 91 trucks had the 241. 89 was mechanical speedo and 90-91's were electronic. The gm guys seem to think they're weak, were they much different than the driver side drop?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

The chevy case is week due to the mainshaft. It should be possible to use a dodge mainshaft. The only parts needed off the chevy 241 will be the front and rear main case halves. I'm fairly certain chevy 241s can be had for less than $200. With the dodge mainshaft and tail housing you should be able to make it a mechanical speedo.

88-93 dodges used a pass drop 241. works great behind the 47rh.
chevy used 241 from 88up. 87 and earlier was 208. the 88-91 was pass drop as well. in the v-series(old bodystyle k5/suburban)
easiest to use the dodge one as its the right spline and bolt alignment. I actually still have mine sitting on a shelf. need to move it I guess.

Last edited:
88-93 dodges used a pass drop 241. works great behind the 47rh.
chevy used 241 from 88up. 87 and earlier was 208. the 88-91 was pass drop as well. in the v-series(old bodystyle k5/suburban)
easiest to use the dodge one as its the right spline and bolt alignment. I actually still have mine sitting on a shelf. need to move it I guess.

In the dodge 1/2 tons?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I did the mods that cole dow did with his 271 to clock it on his 1st gen. we will see how it works and whether or not the 241 can withstand the beating I am going to give it

Back