Clutch recommended for around 500+hp?

I've had a Valair single disk, but now have the Southbend street 3600 DD. Both are great clutches! Been towing some lately and this DD is as smooth as butter backing up. I say deffinately go at least the 3250 Dual disk.

I've got Valairs 13" Kevlar/Ceramic single. It's rated at 500/1000. It's not jumpy in any gear accept reverse, easy to slip with a trailer or whatever.

It'd be maxed out with a small 62 or 63mm though. Any more than that I'd step up to a DD.

I've had a Valair single disk, but now have the Southbend street 3600 DD. Both are great clutches! Been towing some lately and this DD is as smooth as butter backing up. I say deffinately go at least the 3250 Dual disk.

Thats exactly what I was looking for. :thankyou2:

Wow.... After all the posts in the thread I can't believe no one saw his sig......

:ft:CUMMINGS PAWA!!:ft:

Last edited:
I bought a kenneys dual disk, rated for 650, its grabby as hell in any gear

Wow.... After all the posts in the thread I can't believe no one saw his sig......

What's wrong with the sig man? I don't get it? Everyone's posts were very helpful! Thanks. I just wanted to hear someone that had ran both clutches and that could tell me I definitely ain't gonna go wrong with either one. I don't mean to offend anyone by no means.

Hey bub, it's a joke... He works for Cummins... CTC Indiana. Not to mention it's spelled correctly on the side of the door. Relax. He's not some cheese dick who talks about it and doesn't even own one

Last edited:
My appologies! Back to the topic my sbc 3250 is the ceramic organic hybrid held like a champ at 625hp for around 5k miles no upgraded hydraulics (of course my truck had the big hydraulics already) clutch engagement is easier than stock just be prepaired for a little lag time in the shifts due to extra mass.

My appologies! Back to the topic my sbc 3250 is the ceramic organic hybrid held like a champ at 625hp for around 5k miles no upgraded hydraulics (of course my truck had the big hydraulics already) clutch engagement is easier than stock just be prepaired for a little lag time in the shifts due to extra mass.

Don't worry about it man. That was gonna be my next question though. What kind of material is used in the sbc 3250. Thanks for answering it. I'll probably end up with the sbc 3250.

Back