Compound question

using the special for a secondary for only 700hp seems silly to me. i know you already have it but extra lag for the relatively low hp you are after doesn't make sense.

using the special for a secondary for only 700hp seems silly to me. i know you already have it but extra lag for the relatively low hp you are after doesn't make sense.

This was essentially my response and especially with the vp.

Sell the special, buy something more friendly for the manifold. Like a 68mm flavor turbine in an s300 frame. Probably a 62. Add a 171702 S475 next to it. Call an injector builder to match what you have and what you want to do and go from there.

Building everything around a manifold charger and injectors is why people get frustrated with their setups. That special by itself can eclipse 600hp. All of that injector and work to potentially gain another 100hp? Not worth it unless you change your manifold charger to make the gains in spool time.

A small snappy setup is 10x the fun factor over a smokey lazy pig that makes 200 more hp. $.02

Sell the special, buy something more friendly for the manifold. Like a 68mm flavor turbine in an s300 frame. Probably a 62. Add a 171702 S475 next to it. Call an injector builder to match what you have and what you want to do and go from there.

Building everything around a manifold charger and injectors is why people get frustrated with their setups. That special by itself can eclipse 600hp. All of that injector and work to potentially gain another 100hp? Not worth it unless you change your manifold charger to make the gains in spool time.

A small snappy setup is 10x the fun factor over a smokey lazy pig that makes 200 more hp. $.02

from his opening post, i think he will learn the hard way. :lolly:

You're so good with words Zach!

Tried to pm but your inbox is full.

You're so good with words Zach!

I try. Engrish wasn't a great subject for me in school.

And nicer than most of us.

Meh some days I spare the newbs.

He spares the sharp tongue for back channel texts.. :)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Now if I can get a working phone again we can continue those texts LOL I have to turn my fricken phone off and on to make a call or text. I get one per power up and then it stops working. POS iphone.

Tried to pm but your inbox is full.

Overflowing. I have over 9000 unread emails on my gmail if that tells you anything about my message house keeping. Let me clear some.

I try. Engrish wasn't a great subject for me in school.

Meh some days I spare the newbs.

Now if I can get a working phone again we can continue those texts LOL I have to turn my fricken phone off and on to make a call or text. I get one per power up and then it stops working. POS iphone.

Overflowing. I have over 9000 unread emails on my gmail if that tells you anything about my message house keeping. Let me clear some.

Pm sent your way

01 dodge

zfaylor gave you some sound advice. A super b special is a slow spooling turbo to start with and adding another turbo will only exacerbate the problem. A standard super b or 62/68 would be a much better manifold turbo. An S475 with a 1.10 hotside would work well or a standard S480 if you want to push your goals higher. I would contact one of the injector builder to discuss your end hp goals and expectation for your truck in order to size them properly.

Back