Compound Turbo 93 W250.

Shaky93

Hello Everyone! I've been lurking here for a loooong time but things have progressed finally and I've been making some headway on my build so I thought id share a few details. I picked this truck up about 3 years ago shortly before I graduated from diesel school. Been working at CAT, doing some side wrenching, and farming sense then. It was a BONE stock 93 w250 with 270k miles and a very straight body with decent paint. The previous owner swapped in an nv4500 which was pretty nice. After addressing some maintenance issues, Rebuilding the front and rear axles, new brakes all around, tabbed the kdp, ran the overhead, new u joints all around, New 4" exhaust, I started to do some fun stuff. Started out with some pump adjustments and a full compliment of ISSPRO EV2s then she got a 60mm gds compressor, water meth, HD pushrods, Hamilton valvesprings, and head studs. Ran that setup for a little while and at that point Eric @ The Hungry Diesel mentioned he had some pretty gnarly 6x13s for a bit of a discount and I couldn't pass that up. So I got those put in and naturally things got a little warm. Time for more air, Got a hold of Jeff @ Pro Turbo and had a billet wheel 63/68 built. That Cooled things down substantially, but my EGTs were still a little high on the top end. Waited around until black Friday and got a hot deal on a Hamilton 182/214 and tappets. I also got a Steed Speed exhaust manifold. This point of the story is where it gets out of control. A committee of local business men acquired a long term lease on the local airport with the intent of Converting it into a drag strip/events complex, the project is progressing along nicely. So why not make some adjustments and drag race this old girl? Bought up an s475, a 7.3 intercooler, and all the goodies I thought I might need and here's where I am at now.

ame]

ame]

ame]

ame]

I've got a BD pin, 4200 gov spring, bumped up the case pressure a little bit, MH timing spacer, HVLP piston pump from THD, and a heavier AFC spring. Depending on the dyno numbers when I get this thing running again, this pump might head to Giles or Seth to get worked over. As much as id like to run a 14mm I don't want to settle with a Rocken Tech H/R

Thanks for fixing those pictures!

Last edited:
Sounds like it should do reasonably well for what it is. I would recommend Giles because me and a buddy of mine have been running his pumps for 4 or 5 years now and have been really happy with them. Neither of them have given a single issue. Don't get me wrong, I hear Seth does great work too!

My buddy's pump is a "mild" one and laid down 445hp with 5-hole DDP's at 68lpm (I think), a Helix 2 cam and Garrett GT3788R mounted on a DPS 3-piece manifold. Mine is a "balls to the wall" pump but I haven't strapped it down since fuel upgrades followed it to know just yet. In the process of a rebuild at the moment so it's gotten things like a Hamilton cam, ported and polished head, 3-angle valve job, 165lbs springs, etc.

I have a G-Tech that I've been meaning to setup and calibrate and play around with.

Sounds like it should do reasonably well for what it is. I would recommend Giles because me and a buddy of mine have been running his pumps for 4 or 5 years now and have been really happy with them. Neither of them have given a single issue. Don't get me wrong, I hear Seth does great work too!

My buddy's pump is a "mild" one and laid down 445hp with 5-hole DDP's at 68lpm (I think), a Helix 2 cam and Garrett GT3788R mounted on a DPS 3-piece manifold. Mine is a "balls to the wall" pump but I haven't strapped it down since fuel upgrades followed it to know just yet. In the process of a rebuild at the moment so it's gotten things like a Hamilton cam, ported and polished head, 3-angle valve job, 165lbs springs, etc.

I have a G-Tech that I've been meaning to setup and calibrate and play around with.

Shoot 445 is pretty impressive for a "mild" pump haha. I am really curious to know what yours will make, sounds like you are running a pretty solid setup! If you don't mind me asking, what did your pump run you?

Shoot 445 is pretty impressive for a "mild" pump haha. I am really curious to know what yours will make, sounds like you are running a pretty solid setup! If you don't mind me asking, what did your pump run you?

He quoted me $1800-1900. Out the door price ended up at $2015 because it needed a new driveshaft. This was mid-2012 so prices could be different now.

Welcome nice build I have a 92 d350 with compounds he351cw over a s472 from the hungry diesel.

Back