Continental TMD 27 vs Perkins LD (3.9)

coorsman2005

i like beer
Ok guys. I have a Lincoln sa250 welder with the tmd27. Long story short. It's time for a rebuild low compression across the board. Been pricing rebuild lots. They seem very proud of just for pistons and rings $194 per piston and roughly $50 per piston for rings. Gaskets are about average to any other gasket kit.

Or Does anyone have or know of anyone that has some better prices. I'm just worried about the top end as this thing always held 60psi oil pressure. There again maybe dumb but I'm a cheapo and just worried about the compression. I am going to buy new injectors for sure.

It seems cheaper to rebuild a 5.9 cummins. Seems crazy to me. Then again I may be a cheap a$$ also. I know its diesel nothings cheap about a diesel.

I do have 2 good running perkins LD's and another I'm pretty confident would run just fine. There all 3 in lincoln 400s. But there quite a bit bigger. Height wise by like 3 inches or so I could deal with that. But my biggest concern does anyone have an idea of how close the block plate and fly wheel would be to mount. I assume nothing even similar.

Let me know what yall think. Besides its dumb to do a half a$$ rebuild. Thanks ahead of time.

Back