Could this be possible???

Stock Ram

Haulin' Grass
I have a 07.5 that has been a continual problem. It has gone as far as the lemon law. In Dodge's final attempt to fix the vehicle they have again replaced half a dozen parts but gave me a new program update. Since I have not seen my check engine light in a couple of weeks (almost miss it) I am wondering if this is possible???

Could the update cause fuel to be dumped into DPF and actually force a burn??? I have gone from 13-14 MPG towing to 8-10 MPG.
I have been told that the reason I was having problems was because of short trips and not allowing the system to get hot enough. The sudden loss of my friend the CEL and drop in MPG lead me to belive I am burning fuel in the dpf to help burn away soot.

Possible???

Of course, stock, my 05 gets 16 MPG all day pulling the same trailer.

Your new numbers sound a lot like my 08 no mileage when towing and not very good when not towing:bang It is the DPF that is causing it I hope my programmer helps at least a little

8-10 towing is fairly normal for a bone stock truck.
When I added the Bully Dog, I can tow our work trailer all day, 80mph and get 15-16. Empty over a 2700 mile trip I averaged 20.8

8-10 towing is fairly normal for a bone stock truck.
When I added the Bully Dog, I can tow our work trailer all day, 80mph and get 15-16. Empty over a 2700 mile trip I averaged 20.8

By the overhead or hand-calculated?

Those are impressive numbers.

used to get no less than 13 until the last flash update.

My 05 gets 16mpg average towing all day - Stock. That's with the idiot meter in the truck. Honestly, I haven't filled the tank to hand calculate since the prices skyrocketed.
Truth is, I probably can't afford to. *bdh*

My dads '08 had to be towed into the shop on Saturday because the system got plugged up and basically killed the truck.

They said the same thing to him about the short trips not allowing it to get hot enough to burn all the crap out. He drives around in downtown Denver all day bouncing between buildings, so it see's more short distance driving than long distance.

Evidently they are reprogramming his as well, so we'll see what happens. It's been in since Saturday and he still doesn't have it back yet.

i can't see a 6.7 getting those kind of numbers. MAYBE with a dpf delete, but those with dpf deletes still aren't getting mpg's that high.

Think what you will. I have all the numbers to prove it.
Also, mine has never been back for a warranty issue either. I love my 6.7
Runs 15.2's on 35's and tows like a dream.

Have you did the deletes? That is a must to achieve the full potential and mpg's from these engines.

Have you did the deletes? That is a must to achieve the full potential and mpg's from these engines.

Nope. Still has all the emissions stuff on it. I can only imagine how nice it would run without it but I like having my warranty too much.

On another note, I hooked it to a sled last night and took 2nd at 288' with my wife driving. Once again fully impressed with the truck.

Think what you will. I have all the numbers to prove it.
Also, mine has never been back for a warranty issue either. I love my 6.7
Runs 15.2's on 35's and tows like a dream.

When you find a good one, it's a good one...

My 5.9 gets 12.3 on 35's. Tows like a dream too, but at a 20% higher fuel cost than you :D

If I lived in another state I would have bought a 6.7.

Back