Couple of questions

dangerous06

diesel tech
I need some answers I hope someone here can answer!
1) Coolant flow difference between the 5.9 and 6.7 is different with the Siamese cylinders. With that said does the 6.7 have the potential to blow out the rear freeze plug like the 5.9?

2) Is there a difference in the wiring harness between an 05 and 06 besides the injector plugs? Just the engine harness to the firewall plug.

3) I want to hook up my exhaust brake to my tow/haul switch on the shifter. So when I engage that the brake comes on also. Has Anybody done this?
Is there a wire loom or plug I can tap into for this?

Thanks for your time and years of fun may the force be with you!! :thankyou2:

Far as freeze plugs goes I believe both have had issues in the past. And most do coolant by passes cause when you start making higher hp numbers and start turning higher rpms the system gets put under more pressure or at least mine did and will start causing issues pressurizing the coolant system. So good idea to just fix it before it becomes an issue. I wouldn't block it off with a plug/screw plug kit system by far cause you'll still have the issue but will only stop the plug from blowing out. If you do a bypass kit it will reroute any build up and help stop the pressure building up in the rear cylinders like it's prone to do from access heat and pressure. Some kits go off pressure and some have an acutal thermostats. I like fleece cause it looks great and kinda hidden vs other kits that are more bulky but that's all use to the wallet and taste. A good investment tho to help avoid problems tho

Last edited:
Thanks I always put them on the 5.9's I build! I started building the 6.7's and needed to know if this was needed, Guess it is!

Well 6.7 seem to produce more cavitation in the coolant system I've read and I replaced my water pump and was gonna use one that is made for a 5.9 and the fins are different. So the 6.7 seems to flow more water volume also. So yeah it is a must on both. Esp if your gonna go over 500hp

Well 6.7 seem to produce more cavitation in the coolant system I've read and I replaced my water pump and was gonna use one that is made for a 5.9 and the fins are different. So the 6.7 seems to flow more water volume also. So yeah it is a must on both. Esp if your gonna go over 500hp

Good to know! Thanks!!
Now the other two questions we'll see who steps up!

Back