Couple questions on carrillo products for new build

ctdthrasher

I'm in the process of building a 6.4 p pump 24v to replace my wounded 12v. I've almost convinced myself to get carillos but i did some reading and have a couple questions on them specifically. Apparently one must machine the bottom rod caps narrower to let oil out at higher rpms. Is this what everyone is doing? I plan to run up to 5k rpms. Then there are the new custom carillo long rod/piston with dmax wrist pin that is supposed to be super light and responsive. Carillo claims an extra 35-40 hp for every 2 lbs lost of reciprocating mass. 40x6=240 extra hp and ridiculous revving properties? Wondering if anyone has run this setup or heard anything about it? Shooting for 1000 hp capability but will probably be tuned down to 750-800hp on the street. All fuel no n20.
Current plan is my 63 or a new 64.5 over a 488. Hot street casual drag truck
thanks

I would highly advise clearencing the rod caps for a street truck .015-.020 if your planning on running that kind of rpm on a regular basis.

Since were on this topic, and I don't mean to highjack, but I just got my motor done with Crower rods. The caps aren't clearanced but I would like to. If I take the same amount off each cap it shouldn't effect the balance correct?

When I did mine I took .020 off each side.
When I checked them they went from .0198 to .0204
That is only 6 tenths difference, it would change weight
but not sure how much. I did mine one at a time.
Somebody here did theirs all six at a time, that
might make a difference.

Last edited:
might make a difference.

We do all 6 at a time.

might make a difference.
6 tenths huh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back