couple questions

ballinonabudget

Alright i dont pull any more and really only halfway street race etc...

i got a couple questions, i need some info on, i want to bump over 500hp

im doing the 5in mbrp with muffler and down pipe
egr block
fuel lift pump, not sure what is best i had the air dog 150 on my cummins
percison industrys triple disc convertor and trans go jr shif

that dp5 switch or what ever is it the ticket? seems like 5 tunes you can switch around would be what i like.

heres my main concern with my last cummins i did big stick cam spring 64 studs 120's wicked cp3

oh it was nasty but really not a truck i felt safe driving out of state

it was fun beating the duramaxs around town you should have seen there faces haha but wifes face was not happy it cost a small village worth of food to do it and no matter how much money i threw at that 48re trans junk it wouldnt hold

Stock turbo Dmax with the mods you have listed will be +/- 500 HP. Some go as high as 540, some around 500. Depends on the history and the truck.

its a 06 lbz crew 4x4 short bed completely stock with 52,000 miles and 1 onwer just picked it up last week the old guy babied the truck

so rob, the dp5 switch im prolly saying it wrong but would that be a good way to go, the ppe lift pump is cheap but it doesnt offer better filters and bigger line size

EFI DSP 5 is a great way to go. I recommend airdog lift pumps and use on our personal rigs.

If you run an automatic transmission the switchable tuning it hard on them. Your best off not switching the power until you give the TCM and transmisssion time to learn. That race that comes up at a stop light when you've been running lower power and then switch to high power will be the death of the transmission. So you either leave it in one power setting or plan on upgrading the transmission and converter.

i ran my cummins turned up all the way, and that was the death of the 48re.

i dont tow or drive the truck to work, will the triple disc convertor and transgo jr be enough?

how long does it take a trans to learn a tune?

No, just a converter & VB will not hold the power you want for very long.

There are limits as to what it can learn. So depending on how far off it is the time will vary and may never learn completely in some cases. Typically your going to need a half dozen shifts in each gear at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full throttle. Do not move higher in the throttle opening until the one your working on shifts correctly.

Back