CP3 lift pump requirements for performance applications

JasonCzerak

I've searched, not very expensively on this site, but I did a few key word searches and found nothing that might give a reasonable info one could use to gauge the requirements from a lift pump perspective for the amount of CP3.

Stock to stage 3 cp3's. --> 150gph. Stage 3 is pushing my 150, not to 0psi, but 5-9psi @ WOT
II's 85% -----> ?
stage 3's ---> 200gph.
floorit's stage 4 ---> ? I'm interested in this requirement specifically.
dual stock pumps ---> 200gph?
dual stage 1's ----> ?
dual stage 2's ------>?
dual stage 3's -----> ?

Don't turn this into a fass/airdog/gusher (mechanical pump) is the best blah blah blah argument please. More so discuss the pumps ability to react to WOT, cruse and GPH performance in each of possible CP3 pump configurations.

I'm in the market to upgrade my 150 because I have a feeling it's going to not be able to keep up once my cp3 is back.

Shane has told me a few time that he would like to see 45psi feed to his dragonslayer. I have a 150 set at 15psi and it never dips off 15psi.

My AD150 is set at 17psi and pulls down to 15psi on kill with a II 85%.

when there's enough info, I'll make a little chart. Maybe some pump guys (lift and high pressure) folks can chime in with official recommendation, despite what seems a logical theory that so long as you don't get down to 0psi, you're good to go.

My AD165 sits at 26psi at idle, 24-25psi on the freeway, and drops to 21psi at WOT, and runs through the AirDog filter and also through a GDP 2-micron filter before it gets to the cp3's. Fuel pressure is measured at a Y just b4 the pumps. I have dual pumps, stock on top with a II Stage 2 on bottom and DDP200hp injectors.

My AD150 w/ a STOCK CP3 would drop 5 psi to 9-10psi from 14-15psi

I run a boost referenced adjustable regulator with my FASS 150/180

It's set at 22psi at idle and goes up to 85psi at WOT....it increases as boost come up.

I used a chart Dan made me when he was at FASS to plumb everything.

I've been using this pump like this with my 6.0 and now my 5.9 since 2006 with no issues at all.

I'd like to think this will feed whatever pump I run in the future. I'll know how it works wih a Stage 3 Floor It pump...if I ever get it back from John. LOL

I run a boost referenced adjustable regulator with my FASS 150/180

It's set at 22psi at idle and goes up to 85psi at WOT....it increases as boost come up.

I used a chart Dan made me when he was at FASS to plumb everything.

I've been using this pump like this with my 6.0 and now my 5.9 since 2006 with no issues at all.

I'd like to think this will feed whatever pump I run in the future. I'll know how it works wih a Stage 3 Floor It pump...if I ever get it back from John. LOL

So is it a little gadget that you plug into the regulator/return pumping? or something that adjusts voltage to the pump?

--

So the folks that are running two 150's or the mechanical pumps are the ones waaaaay north of 1000hp, or running the p-pumps?

It's this:

Run a boost line to the barb fitting....the return fuel from the FASS runs through the body and I have my fuel pressure gauge in the port that has the plug in it.
FUEL_LAB_REG1.jpg

It's this:

Run a boost line to the barb fitting....the return fuel from the FASS runs through the body and I have my fuel pressure gauge in the port that has the plug in it.
FUEL_LAB_REG1.jpg

Do you run any type of check valve in the boost line? FWIW mine was boost referenced for awhile too, when my diaphragm ripped it was feeding fuel directly into the intake from that boost line. May have been a freak occurrence to pop a diaphragm though, but it was a fairly new Aeromotive. Or maybe that don't like the fuel pulse from my stock lift pump.

It's this:

FUEL_LAB_REG1.jpg

So what did you do plug the return on the Fass and run it full pressure and flow to the regulator? I was thinking about running mine like that so any info would be great.

Joe

Back