CP3 Tuning Questions

ComnRailPwr

I finally got my truck done and made pull down the track. My desired vs actual rail pressure is off and it takes a very hard hit once I'm out of the clutch and never really recovers. Unfortunately the Truck is competition only and I cannot test on the road and would like to wrap my head around this pump tuning. The truck wend down the track very clean so I could use more PW to get more power but am wondering whats going on with my pumps before so. Their not keeping up but is there anything I can do in my tune. I read this thread and am kind of confused. Why is 71 the magic number for max duty cycle. What relationship does mA have With Pump flow or recovery? I'm having a stupid attack right now. So far the only FP tables I have touched are the Base and air densities. Not sure which way to go when tuning the injection pumps. The more I try to make since of desired and actual duty cycle the dumber I think I get. Any help is appreciated. Attached are some screenshots of the pull.

900-1000RWHP
Dual Pumps - stock/Floor It 3.5
200% NOZZLES
Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System @ 35psi

Here is a link to the actual Data log. CompD won't let this type of file upload. The log in this link, post #16, is in EDA format. The Tune was in CSP operating system tune #5 so you may need the latest unreleased version to view the log for those of you who got to test CSP.
FCA duty cycle questions. - Page 2

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
Also cant figure out why mm3 dropped. Possibly because I fell under the charger but it drops before I let up. I have triple checked tune and nothing there is limiting me.

2003 Dodge Puller
EFILive Conversion by Me

Last edited:
There's no reason 2 stock pumps wouldn't keep up yet alone a modded and stock, you could honesty not touch the Fca tables and it should run great, only mods ive ever done to Fca tables are single pump trucks and modded single pumps...

It did run great. I definitely need gears and more PW or different nozzles. Without this log I would have never even known the pumps were taking a big hit. I know theirs room for improvement in the tables to get more flow, just not sure what way to go. I know they'll keep up, my main concern is how hard the pump takes a hit out of the hole. If I can get rid of that and play with the error detection pid control I think i'll be good. My stock pump may be getting weak too, the floor it pump is fresh. The stock pump I bought new 6 years ago. Im going to try a couple things for this wknd pull.

2003 Dodge Puller
EFILive Conversion by Me

Last edited:
Surprised I kept the charger lit, pulled me down to 2300 rpm. I forgot to reset my rpm alarm from 4000 to 4700 so i left 700 rpm too soon.. I should've looked over at my laptop but didn't. I will from now on. Carried 3200-3300 down the track but took 100' to recover from my crappy launch. Still went 380' 2nd place.

2003 Dodge Puller
EFILive Conversion by Me

Lol. Yes. Except for the guy ahead of me. Guess drew built his engine. It ran pretty good. My launch really screwed me. May pull courthouse tomorrow and am in new lex Saturday. Its easier to cover trip costs when its not a circuit pull.

2003 Dodge Puller
EFILive Conversion by Me

Back