CR Engine Info

Spectre32

Welding Extraordinaire!
Ok so I am about to acquire a 2006 CR, Tyranny and Transfer case. I have the guy getting me the VIN number off the engine. It’s a pretty good price for the whole deal and I wanted to check out if the engine may have been in a flood or whatever. The guy is in Texas and will be shipping it to me, so it’s imperative for me to do background research before shelling out the cash. Any help would be appreciated.

I think your only option would be a carfax. Dodge doesn't have Oasis reports. That or get your greasy jump suit on and start the examination yourself.

make sure you get the fuel pedal also. On the later CR's the TPS is built into the fuel pedal. Not a cheap part if you need to get it from the dealer.

make sure you get the pedal and plug....no plug.....no runnY....and if you dont you wont be able to get the plug

I think the 2006 has a coded key.....might want to post something on PSN ans see what that does. I know my 2005 didnt have a coded key

Oh yeah you dont need the transfer case. You take your transfer case and switch the input shaft to a dodge

I know about the transfer case, Its just being included in the deal. I'll problay just sell it. As for the pedal and such, I dont htink he has any of that. I will double check. So carfax seems to be the only option.

Pedal for late models is not as much as the APPS that go on the heads. For a plug on them a MAF sensor plug on a 6.0 is the same plug and Ford sels them as a repair pigtail.

Back