CR intake plenum plate, Who do you suggest?

Chris Mallett

12ver Swap Idiot
Like the title states, I am going to shave the intake and looking for a plate to show the pattern or a pattern that I can drill the head and a plate to begin construction. Any suggestions on who's plate to buy or does anyone have a pattern for this? Or is it easier than I am making it.

Most side intakes that I have seen use different bolt patterns. If you buy Hellmann's, he will give you the bolt pattern/size/location that he uses, so you can shave off the intake and drill and tap for the holes you need.

Is there a danger of using your own educated places to drill and tap for fasteners? It appears that so many companies use multiple hole patterns instead of one or two predetermined patterns.

I just bought the mounting flange from ZZ Fab soI can build my own intake.

If you dont want to do that, when you buy the intake you want send it to the machine shop with the head.

I was wanting to build my own intake, this is why I was asking if there is a set pattern. Thanks for the insight so far.

Just remember if your running dual pumps you don't want a sheet metal intake for long term use. Great on a P pump though.

I use a B&B myself but Hellman makes a nice piece also.

Back