CR superduty swap questions.

Twright

So, ditching the 12v in my superduty and going to a Common rail.

I have everything lined up, but I'm trying to figure out two things

For the 04.5+ motors I know the APPS is on the accelerator pedal, so i purchased a pedal since my motor is a 2005.

1. Whats the easiest way to adapt the pedal and put it into the Superduty? What type of bracket do you fab, or do any companies sell a pre-made bracket.

2. For the powersteering, is the easiest way to go from the cummins PS pump to a Ford hydroboost unit? Does the stock Line work from the pump to hydroboost or are the fitting different/ it has to be extended.

Not really looking to put a 6.0 relocation bracket and pump on since i have a V10 superduty with a 7.3l hydroboost:lolly:

Thanks, Taylor

Not sure on the pedal, I have a 04.5 CR with the bell mount apps and just used destrokes cable kit. I used the CR powersteering pump and hose and had a short 90* fitting made to connect the line to the hydroboost

I cut up the factory ford pedal to get to the bare mount plate using the ford holes. Then cut up the dodge pedal mount, positioned the dodge pedal where I want it, welded plate onto plate.. works perfect.. I can get pics if needed.

Also if you don't have the dodge mount you cant still make this with some spare metal and welding capability.

I cut up the factory ford pedal to get to the bare mount plate using the ford holes. Then cut up the dodge pedal mount, positioned the dodge pedal where I want it, welded plate onto plate.. works perfect.. I can get pics if needed.

Also if you don't have the dodge mount you cant still make this with some spare metal and welding capability.

Perfect,

No problem on the welding part, Just was curious about the shape or something like that. Figured someones done it before me, so I might as well ask.

I think my pedal came in tonight, but didn't have a chance to mess around with it and figure it out. Ill see if I have anymore questions tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Got the pedal all mounted up, thanks guys.

One more question I had was, did anyone use the 6.0 power steering relocation bracket?

the dodge one hit the steering box when I put the motor in, so i ended up with the bracket for the 6.0 one.

My question is, do I need another belt because mine seems to be no where near the right size, unless i did something wrong?

Thanks again.

Taylor

Back