Cummins in 99 super duty

RNicol

Growin them Bushels !
Talked to someone and had an idea pop in my head. I have a e99 super duty and the 7.3 has about 188k on it and runs great. I'm throwing the idea of swapping a cummins into the truck, but not sure what to use 12v, 24v, or a common rail. (Kinda like the common rail). Also i'm not sure what to do about the tranny. Keep my 4r100, or ditch it and put a zf6 or a G56. Tell me what you guys are doing and what kind of money i might be looking at if i sell my 7.3 and maybe the 4r100, and buy the 5.9 and tranny, and all the conversion parts.

Well nothing for the swap or diesel performance of any kind is cheap. I put a 12v with my zf6 tranny in it. Look on the destroked website for some prices then you have to consider all the trips to town for the little pieces, fittings, hoses, and hardware. Don't get me wrong i did enjoy doing my swap and i would do one again but it wasn't too cheap. I would do your research first so you don't have all the trial and error, that'll help save some bucks.

Doing it correctly will take you about 100 hrs start to finish..

ha

Doing it correctly will take you about 100 hrs start to finish..

100hrs would be fair estimate. Gotta pull your stuff out ant put the Cummins in. I say stay with the ford tranny. You don't have to mess with od switches drive shafts and what not. My second swap went alot smother the second time. Had it running in a day an a half. Like they said do your research because by no means is it cheep.

Back