cummins ramcharger swap

racerfreak

hi everybody i just bought a 93 ramcharger canyon sports model for the express reason to convert it to 12 valve ppump i want to know what i need suspension wise to be able to handle between 5 and 600 hp all opinions are appreciated

More details...what axles are you going with? Are you going to try to keep it leaf sprung on all corners? What size tires are you wanting to run? Is it going to be an offroad rig, or stictly street?

it will be strictly street with the best traction tires i can finf i was hoping the 9.25 rear axle could keep up with the added power i am open to suggestions on all venues leaf sprung versus what else

4wd?

I wouldn't count on the stock springs or axles holding up to the amount of torque a 5-600 hp diesel is going to put down. May want to think about upgrading to 1ton stuff.

the 9.25 will not hold up to a cummins , I twisted one off with a slant six

is it 2 or 4 wheeldrive like has been stated the 9.25 is garbage get a 35 spline dana 60 if it's 4x4 if it has the two peice long tube axle I would replace the front end with an older non shift on fly one peice tube dana 44 and truss it if you want to keep stock wheel pattern...i know guys that had the wieght of a 440 bend them..also you'll need good trac bars to plant the power..

Back