1237246502.jpg

1237246506.jpg

1237246505.jpg

1237246507.jpg

1237246507-1.jpg

got a d15 also not at my farm currently at my uncles

wd 45 wd also

15 and 17 will be mine soon the 17 is at my grams thinking of new paint

i need a gasket for the manifold i think has slight miss and the dang throttle doesnt always rev up have to do it twice and the rpm jump up

wow chris didnt see this thread yet

need info on year and paint code

i think its a 61 and looking for a manifold gasket??

Paint Code...Don't remember the code, but the color should be Persian Orange 2.

1961 is Correct.

Manifold Gasket kit I have in stock...$10 plus a little shipping, say $14 total.

As far as the paint goes, I'll check with my Brother and see if the guy who does our restorations has the paint codes. Persian 2 is expensive to buy from AGCO, but not as bad as Persian 1. $60 a quart from AGCO. I'll see what else I can find.

Also, on the wheels and rims...AC painted them numerous colors, some silver, some creme...basically, unless you bought the tractor new, and know the original color, pretty much pick the ones you like the best, and shoot it. I can take some pics of our D17's if you want to see what we've done.

Sorry I disappointed you guys by not seeing this sooner...some of us were working today;);)
Chris

Oh yeah...little miss could be just a carb problem, but if it's not revving right, the Governor could be worn out. That 226 should be purring like a kitten.

Chris

Oh yeah...little miss could be just a carb problem, but if it's not revving right, the Governor could be worn out. That 226 should be purring like a kitten.

Chris

i don't have the original front wheels any more
carb its been torn apart a couple of times is the governor easy to work on???

the tractors 6v?? not sure if it is or not

i really dont have much info on the tractor

I've heard it's not uncommon for the 226 to throw the governor weights so your problem may be there, btw I love to listen to a 226, especially with a load:bow: to the pumpkins

I'm not saying that's what it did, i'm just giving my opinion that your problem could be located there

I'm not saying that's what it did, i'm just giving my opinion that your problem could be located there

i will look in to that i would really like to get that to work right i plan on pulling the sled a little this year just for fun hope that doesnt get addicting

You might regret that:poke:, it's more than likely you'll get addicted, lol

i guess you have done that with tractors before then
i plan on 1st high then slam to 1st low any thoughts??????????

what should i do full rpm or a little lower

is there any thing i can do to get a little extra power

what about tire pressure in the rear????

What are the rules where you'll be pullin at?

around here we have a speed limit of 3.5 mph so if thats the case find the gear that will get you close to that at wot but remember you'll have some wheel spin so a little over when not under load is ok, some places also don't allow shifting during the pull so you might want to check into that, you'll probably want to drop your air pressure some depending on where it's at now but a lot of it depends on track conditions same as truck pullin. i'd guess you'll run out of tire before motor so i wouldn't worry about increasing power.....yet lol

no rules at the fair its my local fair and some others
i have only been to one antique pull that speed was factor

Well if theres no rules i'd try 1st gear hi at wot, if it sounds like its gonna die out as you get to the end pull the power director into low and see how that goes. If that doesn't turn out too good maybe try 2nd the next time.

Well if theres no rules i'd try 1st gear hi at wot, if it sounds like its gonna die out as you get to the end pull the power director into low and see how that goes. If that doesn't turn out too good maybe try 2nd the next time.

cool thanks for the info cant wait to try it this year its cheaper than my truck and i am hoping to be just as fun

Back