Dana 70 into a Dana 60

Burningtire

So i was thinking about my pulling truck and ways to have a locker in the front for cheap that isnt cheating. Is there any way to to take a Dana 70 rear center section and install it into my front Dana 60? The dana 70 is a 4.10 posi. Ive been told by a few people i can but just looking for some more info. Also if i could, would i have to run a d60 4.10 pinion or d70 4.10 pinion, that also brings up if i ran a d70 pinion i would have to run a 70 1410 yoke or would a d60 yoke work on it? Thanks for any help guys!

got to pirate4x4 and look for jana60, its a conversion kit you can buy to make it happen.

could just weld it and use a posi lock to disconnect cad unit. Im pretty sure the front axle is reversed from the rear. pretty sure if you try and put a rear axle setup up front your trucks gonna wanna go in reverse and forward at the same time.

Im not swapping the whole axle, and rules that i pull with say i cant have welded differentials. And thank you for confirming that Stroken!

That being said unless your wiping out 60's I don't know if it would be worth the effort for the change.

But all it is, is swapping out the differential and buying a the jana 76 kit. In my eyes its a cheap way to have posi in the front and to not be cheating. I mean it will definitely take about a days work.

Yeah, True. I was just looking at that choice because i have a dana 70 posi with 4.10 already and it would add a little more strength.

If you look at the JANA76 thought your grinding away some of the housing. Not sure if it is worth the tradeoff, unless you go and truss the thing up and everything else.

Thats one thing i didn't like about it. Maybe ill just try and find a cheap dana 60 rear posi unit. Thanks guys!

could just weld it and use a posi lock to disconnect cad unit. Im pretty sure the front axle is reversed from the rear. pretty sure if you try and put a rear axle setup up front your trucks gonna wanna go in reverse and forward at the same time.

The differential housings are the same between front and rear. Exception being high pinion found primarily in Ford's.

Back