Dana 70 lookin for 1480 parts?

CREED1

Throwed Off
Just purchased suncoast's billet 2x conversion output shaft and adapter kit and looking to upgrade the drivelines while im at it.. Figured the pullers would have a good idea if what I have in mind is even available i haven't been able to find anything on google search and a little on here.. Truck has a dana 70 rear looking to go to 1480 joints my question is do they make a dana 70 yoke that will accept a 1480 joint? Or is a 1480/1410 hybrid joint my best bet and who makes one if so? Billet straps?

Just purchased suncoast's billet 2x conversion output shaft and adapter kit and looking to upgrade the drivelines while im at it.. Figured the pullers would have a good idea if what I have in mind is even available i haven't been able to find anything on google search and a little on here.. Truck has a dana 70 rear looking to go to 1480 joints my question is do they make a dana 70 yoke that will accept a 1480 joint? Or is a 1480/1410 hybrid joint my best bet and who makes one if so? Billet straps?
I believe a 60&70 uses the same yoke. http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/product/SPI-3-4-13391-1X.html

I wouldn't run a 1410 to 1480 conversion joint, the only ones available I've seen are chinese junk.

I wouldn't waste money upgrading to 1480 series driveline with a Dana 70.

Healthy, quality 1410 series driveline parts should take alot more punishment than the dinky pinion on the 70.

For guys that need something stronger than straps, I mill the yokes out for U-bolts. Even with some sort of billet strap its still only a 1/4-28 thread holding the straps on.

I wouldn't run a 1410 to 1480 conversion joint, the only ones available I've seen are chinese junk.

I wouldn't waste money upgrading to 1480 series driveline with a Dana 70.

Healthy, quality 1410 series driveline parts should take alot more punishment than the dinky pinion on the 70.

For guys that need something stronger than straps, I mill the yokes out for U-bolts. Even with some sort of billet strap its still only a 1/4-28 thread holding the straps on.

I agree, seen plenty of 1410 ujoints out last a D70 pinion.

Back